What's new

Pre-Order PHE Press Release: It’s A Wonderful Life 75th Anniversary (1946) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
665982FE-3B35-456E-9C36-AB45F8D191F4.jpeg

Paramount Pictures Proudly Celebrates the 75thAnniversary of Director Frank Capra’s Beloved, Life-Affirming Masterpiece

image003.jpg

Perennial Favorite Arrives in Collectible Two-Disc Blu-ray™ Set November 16, 2021
in Time for Holiday Gift-Giving

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. – This holiday season take a trip to Bedford Falls to celebrate the 75thanniversary of one of the most beloved films in cinema history: director Frank Capra’s timeless classic IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE. Named the #1 most inspiring film of all time by the American Film Institute, IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE has touched generations of viewers with its uplifting and life-affirming message of hope.

On November 16, 2021, Paramount Home Entertainment will release a collectible, limited-edition two-disc Blu-ray set with a beautifully colorized version of the film in high definition as well as the original, digitally remastered black-and-white movie in high definition, and access to a digital copy of the film. Perfect for gift-giving, the set also includes 10 collectible recipe cards from Insight Editions’ It’s a Wonderful Life: The Official Bailey Family Cookbook with cuisine inspired by the film. Additionally, the set includes over 45 minutes of previously released bonus content exploring the meticulous process of preserving and revitalizing this iconic masterpiece, a look at the movie’s extraordinary sound, music, cinematography and visual effects, and vintage footage from the film’s wrap party.

Starring James Stewart, Donna Reed, Lionel Barrymore, Thomas Mitchell and Henry Travers,IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE has made an indelible impact on popular culture and continues to be a cherished part of many families’ holiday traditions.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I’m interested in what bonus features there are. If this is a better transfer (probably not), or has all the bonus features on one disc, I’ll get it.

to my eyes, the earlier Blu ray looked better than the latest release.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My crystal balls tells me that next year there will be The Ultimate Frank Capra Edition that has the 4K UHD with the B&W blu, the colorized blu, and a digital copy.

James Luckard

Second Unit
Real Name
James Luckard
Sounds like this is just the remastered B&W BD that was released as a standalone in 2019 and the useless BD with the colorized version that was included with the 2019 UHD instead of the remastered BD of the original B&W version that came out the same day.

billO'

Stunt Coordinator
A great option available now for anyone who just can't think of what present to get for Grandma this year, except...

Now you're gonna have to watch it with her--AGAIN, AND IN COLOR NOW, TOO--every Christmas to come from now on!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Sounds like this is just the remastered B&W BD that was released as a standalone in 2019 and the useless BD with the colorized version that was included with the 2019 UHD instead of the remastered BD of the original B&W version that came out the same day.

Exactly. This is just one of those “maintenance releases” that helps get a popular title on store end caps for the holiday season. It’s not meant to be a double dip for people who already own it.

Carl David

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Carl
Paramount do seem to be making some peculiar decisions lately with their releases.

I am thinking they might be experimenting from releasing movies on Blu Ray only to later bring out a 4k UHD version.

That makes a bit more sense than this release.

I am thinking the recent announcement of a remastered Blu Ray release of Vanilla Sky will probably get a 4k UHD release down the line. I know many will accuse them of "ripping off their customers" if they go down this route.

Many will probably hold off buying the Blu and wait for a potential 4k release.

If they make money on all of them I tip my hat. After all that is their objective.

However, I personally think they are trying to find out which format makes them the most profit so that perhaps they can focus on the right one in the future.

If all formats are profitable then they might just continue what they are doing. Would make sense.

I am interested to find out if 4k really takes off as a format. Can't imagine this release selling better than the previous 4k UHD but maybe they don't need it to?

I personally think it has a good chance. 4k sounds a lot simpler and it describes the product perfectly as opposed to Blu Ray which sounds like a George Lucas revamped Star Wars dark side lightsaber.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks