What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Indiana Jones 4-Movie Movie Collection (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Hope it works out, but I will never order again from that company for as long as I live. I've never dealt with such appalling customer service and ridiculously slow shipping times.
I rarely order from DDD due to similar issues in the past, but for this amount of savings I am willing to give them another try. I wasn't going to buy it at Amazon's price now anyway, so as long as it gets here eventually I will be happy.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
One thing I am concerned about (and I posted this in another thread) is that my credit card was already charged for the Indiana Jones set. Now, it's still "pending" and it could be a "pre-authorization" that will eventually disappear, but it's kind of making me nervous as I had not intended to pay for this set until it ships --- and supposedly, that is the policy of Deep Discount.
Target did that on something I pre-ordered several months in advance, and I kept getting new pre-authorization alerts on my credit card every week or so. It was incredibly annoying. I eventually canceled the pre-order -- not just because of that, but it certainly was a tipping point in my decision.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Getting any physical media these days has become very frustrating. Not just blu-rays, but CDs, books and so on. I have a few books on order from other retailers, and they should have shipped in March, but I'm still waiting. I have a number of May release blu-rays on order from Amazon, and all of them give a delivery window that ranges from two days after release until early July. For crying out loud, that's ridiculous.

For the record, I have never had an issue with DD. Ordered a few box sets from them last fall, in the midst of the holiday season, and they were delivered promptly.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
It wasn’t until the internet came along that I realised how unpopular Temple of Doom is. I saw it as a kid at the cinema and adored it; so did every boy in my class. It’s still my favourite of the four.
I saw the first one in a theater twice (the first time in 70mm) but didn't see the 2nd (TOD on VHS) until after seeing The Last Crusade (in 70mm but at a different theater) as I heard TOD was "just plain gross" in some scenes. And it was. TG for the invention of the Fast Forward button :emoji_hearts:. CS I saw on disc and I kept on saying to myself "this will get better" and it never quite did - at least the knockoffs were entertaining in their cheesiness ;)!

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I never really saw the heart scene in Temple any more gross than the melting nazis in Raiders.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'll admit, the bug eating scene grosses me out. I always look away!
Yeah, I think there are more scenes than the heart scene that get people cringing. The whole dinner scene in the palace, for one. The bugs in the tunnels for another. Then there's the desiccated head that contains the blood they make Indy drink during the rituals (that's the one that gets me). There's nothing that makes me actively dislike the film, but I do think they went overboard with the gross-out moments.

Dave MJ

Second Unit
The trailer indicate they are just using the blu-ray color grade. So this seems to be the 4K master they created back in 2012 with some slight tweaks perhaps. Very, very disappointing.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The trailer indicate they are just using the blu-ray color grade. So this seems to be the 4K master they created back in 2012 with some slight tweaks perhaps. Very, very disappointing.

I'd be hesitant to judge color grading using a YouTube video.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
It wasn’t until the internet came along that I realised how unpopular Temple of Doom is. I saw it as a kid at the cinema and adored it; so did every boy in my class. It’s still my favourite of the four.
Same here. I have serious issues with Last Crusade because it negates a lot of previous character development and rank it as the worst of the films. It's fine, but it has a lot in common with The Rise of Skywalker. Temple of Doom, on the other hand, is truer to the serial spirit than any of the others.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

It wouldn't surprise me as Spielberg graded it then and I wouldn't expect it to change dramatically. Hoping the golden look is toned down a bit at least from the Blu-ray.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Same here. I have serious issues with Last Crusade because it negates a lot of previous character development and rank it as the worst of the films. It's fine, but it has a lot in common with The Rise of Skywalker. Temple of Doom, on the other hand, is truer to the serial spirit than any of the others.
What character development did it negate?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I never thought about that until you guys mentioned it. Brody I never thought twice about because we never saw him out of his element in Raiders, and I guess I figured the same of Sallah. Neither case to me is in the same ballpark as something like, for instance, Marty McFly developing an extreme psychosis over being called the word “chicken” in the Back to the Future sequels.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I never liked that it turned Brody and Sallah into buffoons.
I'll give you that it doesn't really track between the two pictures but the cut from Indy confidently talking about Brody's connections and abilities ("...with any luck, he's got the Grail already.") to Marcus wandering around asking if anyone speaks English is very funny to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks