What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Indiana Jones 4-Movie Movie Collection (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (8 Viewers)

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Helluva attitude. There are some, actually a lot, of us who don’t have the $$ to buy the latest and greatest. We sometimes have to wait.

The first 4K TVs went on sale in the U.S. in 2012. It is now 2021. That's a lot of waiting.

And please read my message again. I said I don't give a rat's butt about the standard Blu-rays, meaning, for THIS SET. I would NEVER use them.

I did NOT say that I don't give a rat's butt about other home theater enthusiasts.

Mark

Dave MJ

Second Unit
The 4K scans might be from 2012 but the press release states that they have been meticulously remastered for the 4K release. I am confident they will look and sound fabulous.

I don't give a rat's butt about the standard Blu-rays. But then, I'm not one of the people holding onto their outdated HD TV with a death grip.

Mark
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but if we are getting 9 year old masters, including a messed up color grade on Raiders, I don't see much value. The fact that the new Raiders blu-ray is the exact same 2012 disc, even with all of the complaints about the color grade, is a bad sign. They know people don't like it, but they aren't touting a new and more faithful remaster. They would if there was one because it would increase sales. And surely you can't be relying on a press release to be truthful ;-).

But I am very hopeful you are correct.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but if we are getting 9 year old masters, including a messed up color grade on Raiders, I don't see much value. The fact that the new Raiders blu-ray is the exact same 2012 disc, even with all of the complaints about the color grade, is a bad sign. They know people don't like it, but they aren't touting a new and more faithful remaster. They would if there was one because it would increase sales. And surely you can't be relying on a press release to be truthful ;-).

But I am very hopeful you are correct.
The discs have HDR, so by definition they have been regarded and remastered, though how different they look from the blu-rays of course remains to be seen.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
To help whet your appetite for the release, maybe consider watching Mythbusters season 17, episode 2. 'The Busters of the Lost Myths' features Adam & Jamie attempting to flesh out Indiana's use of his "magical" bullwhip and also whether Indy could have made it out of the temple with the idol without getting shot with a poisonous dart.

Maybe I should have put that last part in spoiler tags? :)

Mark

Dave MJ

Second Unit
The discs have HDR, so by definition they have been regarded and remastered, though how different they look from the blu-rays of course remains to be seen.
True, they will at least need to do an HDR pass. And Dolby Vision would require scene by scene work to be done properly. If they don't correct the color grade, maybe at least the overexposure issues will be fixed.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Saved $30 (compared to Amazon) on this set thanks to the sale at DEEPDISCOUNT and the Promo: REDCARPET. Free shipping, too!

I just hope DEEPDISCOUNT ships the title to be received by release date, though that's not always essential as it takes me some time to watch titles.

i2.jpg

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Real Name
Doug
Saved $30 (compared to Amazon) on this set thanks to the sale at DEEPDISCOUNT and the Promo: REDCARPET. Free shipping, too!

I just hope DEEPDISCOUNT ships the title to be received by release date, though that's not always essential as it takes me some time to watch titles.

View attachment 95707
Nice discount! Thanks for the heads-up on this one Ron. I just ordered as well.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I’m really torn about this set. We recently watched Temple and we both agreed we strongly dislike the movie. We love Ark and Crusade and Skull is enjoyable. So there’s only two movies we really want. Will they put Atmos on the discs?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I’m really torn about this set. We recently watched Temple and we both agreed we strongly dislike the movie. We love Ark and Crusade and Skull is enjoyable. So there’s only two movies we really want. Will they put Atmos on the discs?
I still can't get Capshaw's screams out of my brain. God, I thought she was awful in this movie. Spielberg got a wife, but I get a headache every time I watched that movie.:laugh:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

View attachment 95707
Thanks for the coupon code. I ordered too. FYI its a one use per email coupon .

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
These coupon codes (DD and other places) are frequently discussed in the Bargains & Deals forum.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

View attachment 95707
Thanks, Ron. I was torn on whether to buy this set, as I only really like the first and third films. However, at under $15 per film for the UHD set, I bit. Damn you, Universal -- first you entice me to buy Back to the Future 2 on UHD, and now Indiana Jones 2 & 4! :laugh:

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Real Name
Doug
With the exception of Capshaw's histrionics, I still like Temple of Doom, much more so than Crystal Skull. As Scott points out, for under $15 a film the DD deal is a clincher.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think Short Round and the mine car chase offset Capshaw's negatives. For me I think I'd rate them pretty much in the order of release, Raiders is the best, Skull the worst (so far).

Billy Batson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Just in case I haven't put in my tuppenceworth in this thread - Raiders & Crusade are two fun & enjoyable films, I don't like Doom, nothing wrong with it apart from me not liking it, & Skull is god awful, the absolute pits. As for 5, good luck to them, I don't have to watch it.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Saved $30 (compared toAmazon) on this set thanks to the sale at DEEPDISCOUNT and the Promo: REDCARPET. Free shipping, too!

Hope it works out, but I will never order again from that company for as long as I live. I've never dealt with such appalling customer service and ridiculously slow shipping times.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hope it works out, but I will never order again from that company for as long as I live. I've never dealt with such appalling customer service and ridiculously slow shipping times.

Yeah, trust me, I am not happy about ordering from Deep Discount. Never cared for them.

I still have my Amazon preorder active and come June 1st I have a reminder set for me to compare the prices. If Amazon drops their price, I am going to cancel the Deep Discount order.

One thing I am concerned about (and I posted this in another thread) is that my credit card was already charged for the Indiana Jones set. Now, it's still "pending" and it could be a "pre-authorization" that will eventually disappear, but it's kind of making me nervous as I had not intended to pay for this set until it ships --- and supposedly, that is the policy of Deep Discount.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

FWIW, I ordered a Fleetwood Mac Super Deluxe set from Deep Discount a couple weeks back, and they sent fairly promptly - took maybe 3 days after the order for it to ship.

And when I contacted customer service, they were helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Strubdog