What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Deep Impact (1998) (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
deepimpact4kuhd3doslv-s.jpg

Celebrate the 25th anniversary of the thrilling disaster epic DEEP IMPACT, arriving for the first time on 4K Ultra HD May 2, 2023 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

Originally released on May 8, 1998, DEEP IMPACT grossed nearly $350 million worldwide on an $80 million budget. A unique and dynamic fusion of large-scale excitement with touching personal storylines, the film depicts humanity’s response as a comet hurtles through space on a collision course with Earth.

Fully remastered and boasting Dolby Vision and HDR-10, DEEP IMPACT is a must-have action-adventure for your collection. Directed by Mimi Leder and executive produced by Steven Spielberg, the film features an all-star cast including Robert Duvall, Téa Leoni, Elijah Wood, Vanessa Redgrave, Leelee Sobieski, Blair Underwood, Maximilian Schell, and Morgan Freeman.

The DEEP IMPACT 4K Ultra HD release includes the film on both 4K Ultra HD and on Blu-ray™, access to a Digital copy of the film, and legacy bonus content including commentary and fascinating featurettes delving into the making of this 90s classic. Bonus content is detailed below:

• · Commentary by director Mimi Leder and visual effects supervisor Scott Farrar
  • · Preparing For The End
  • · Making An Impact
  • · Creating The Perfect Traffic Jam
  • · Parting Thoughts
  • · Photo Gallery
    • Trailers

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
This is my favorite disaster movie of the past few decades (Armageddon was fun too) so I'm happy to say this is a beautiful transfer. Very film like. I get more and more frustrated at the lack of Atmos sound (or DTS X) in movies like this that would benefit greatly from it. 5.1 is the only option.
Oh well, it still looks the best it ever has so I'm happy for that.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
The Blu-ray in this 4K set has NOT been upgraded. Has anyone streamed in 4K and can comment on picture quality?

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I saw the movie in theaters and enjoyed it. I rented the DVD and it looked awful, I assume the Blu-ray was from the same master, common practice for Paramount titles at the time, so I never bought either of them. I don't have a 4K player and was hoping the Blu-ray would get upgraded but no. Good to hear the 4K stream looks good. YT reviews of the 4K disc with stills show a definite improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks