What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Cloverfield (2008) (Limited Edition 4k UHD Steelbook) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71CcaKEm8sL._SL1500_.jpg

CLOVERFIELD, the groundbreaking film that started a global franchise, celebrates its 15th anniversary in 2023. Fans can celebrate the milestone with a new Limited-Edition 4K Ultra HD SteelBook™, arriving January 17, 2023 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

Produced by J.J. Abrams and directed by Matt Reeves (The Batman), CLOVERFIELD debuted in the U.S. on January 18, 2008 and became a smash hit, ultimately earning more than $172 million worldwide on a $25 million budget. The film thrilled critics and audiences alike with its shocking, first-person video account of a horrifying attack on Manhattan by an unknown—and seemingly unstoppable—force.

Filled with action and spectacle, CLOVERFIELD offers an eye-popping experience on 4K Ultra HD. The collectible, Limited-Edition 4K Ultra HD SteelBook includes new artwork reviewed and approved by both Abrams and Reeves, the film on both 4K Ultra HD Disc and Blu-ray™, access to a Digital copy of the film, as well as a wealth of legacy bonus content on Blu-ray, including alternate endings, deleted scenes, director commentary, and much more:

• Commentary by director Matt Reeves
  • The Making of CLOVERFIELD
  • CLOVERFIELD Visual Effects
  • I Saw It! It’s Alive! It’s Huge!
  • Clover Fun
  • Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary
  • Alternate Endings with Optional Commentary
  • Easter Eggs

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
...wasn't this shot 1080?

One assumes this is just a steelbook version of the 4K that came out early 2018.

I thought it looked pretty good given the format but it wasn't much of an upgrade over the BD:

" Blacks seem a bit deeper, while the HDR colors offer a little more pep. Delineation also appears marginally stronger."

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
One assumes this is just a steelbook version of the 4K that came out early 2018.

I thought it looked pretty good given the format but it wasn't much of an upgrade over the BD:

" Blacks seem a bit deeper, while the HDR colors offer a little more pep. Delineation also appears marginally stronger."
Yeah I didn't remember there was an earlier UHD from four years ago. I'd guess any improvement would be from compression since the source was already kinda upscaled for its DI originally.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
A truly monstrous 15th anniversary treat. Finally in 4k steelbook as the filmmakers intended.

Can’t believe they’ll be able to squeeze all that beautiful 8k data onto a single 4k disc.

Why am I thinking of that old tomato paste commercial?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks