What's new

PHE Press Release: Beverly Hills Cop (1984) (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
12216_tn.jpg

BEVERLY HILLS COP

This action-comedy classic has been remastered in 4K with HDR and will be available in a 4K Ultra HD/Blu-ray Combo with Digital copy and is available now on 4K Ultra HD Digital.

BEVERLY HILLS COP follows the one-and-only Axel Foley, a street-smart cop from Detroit. Tracking down his best friend's killer in Beverly Hills, Axel smashes through the local barriers in a hilarious, high-speed pursuit of justice.

The 4K Combo includes the following previously released special features:

• Commentary by director Martin Brest
  • · Beverly Hills Cop—The Phenomenon Begins (SD)
  • · A Glimpse Inside the Casting Process (SD)
  • · The Music of Beverly Hills Cop (SD)
  • · Deleted scenes (HD)
  • · Behind-the-scenes featurettes incorporating vintage 1984 interviews (HD)
  • · An isolated audio track of the original score by Harold Faltermeyer
  • · “BHC Mixtape ‘84”, which allows viewers to go directly to the scenes featuring the hit songs “The Heat Is On,” “Neutron Dance,” “New Attitude,” “Stir It Up,” “Do You Really,” and “Nasty Girl.”
  • · Location Map
  • · Theatrical Trailer (HD)

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As soon as the HD digitals upgraded to 4K, I, at least knew the first film would be released on 4K disc. It wouldn't be a surprise if next year some time they released all three movies as a trilogy package. Anyhow, I'm going to maintain purchasing discipline and resist the urge to buy this disc. Too much double-dipping going on in the home video market.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
That's kind of a dick move, given that they just released the remastered blu-ray a few months ago.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
That's kind of a dick move, given that they just released the remastered blu-ray a few months ago.
Looks like the 2019 release was for all 3 films in a set, not just the first one. Not interested in the 2nd or 3rd film.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

The only thing I can guess is that either the pandemic has caused replication delays which made dual format releases impractical at the time the BD came out, or they weren’t convinced of the sales potential in the format and waited to see how the digital 4K and new BD sold before trying it out.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
What a silly ass move. Giving every indication of digital only for 4K, and the 3-movie set in BD only...now this goofy turn. But you know what? It works well for me, because I don’t do downloads, and I was only interested in the first film anyway. I’ll buy this one as soon as the price is right, and be done with it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The only thing I can guess is that either the pandemic has caused replication delays which made dual format releases impractical at the time the BD came out, or they weren’t convinced of the sales potential in the format and waited to see how the digital 4K and new BD sold before trying it out.
It wasn't the pandemic because the trilogy disc release was in mid-January.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The recent blu-ray set of all three films is $15.99 at Amazon and Best Buy.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
By the way, Paramount is releasing more Eddie Murphy titles on December 1st.

Coming to America (4K/UHD)
The Golden Child (Paramount Presents BD)
Trading Places (Paramount Presents BD)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Release specs added to the original post. Additional Eddie Murphy 4k/BD releases posted on forum.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

100% agreed. Paramount is really confusing right now.

glad I bought the original war of the worlds 4k on iTunes.

their strategy on the presents titles is all over the place too. Some are released in 4k digitally and some are not.
many of them if they had done a 4k disc release I would’ve bought it. Instead I waited and bought for digital 4k.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71AbwhEKK4L._SL1500_.jpg

Looks like a re-issue on this title

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
View attachment 215637

Looks like a re-issue on this title

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Is Paramount really re-releasing these with all four formats at $11 each? 4K/UHD, Blu-ray, DVD & Digital Code. I wonder if that's a pricing error on Amazon's part?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Is Paramount really re-releasing these with all four formats at $11 each? 4K/UHD, Blu-ray, DVD & Digital Code. I wonder if that's a pricing error on Amazon's part?

I am going to take advantage of that pricing error.

I don't own any of these repriced Paramount releases due to the fact I cut down on my physical media purchases long ago.

I'll buy up the whole lot of them

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I am going to take advantage of that pricing error.

I don't own any of these repriced Paramount releases due to the fact I cut down on my physical media purchases long ago.

I'll buy up the whole lot of them
I did the same thing by pre-ordering two titles that I only have on 4K digital which were Shutter's Island and Escape from L.A. The rest of those titles I already have on 4K/UHD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks