1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release PHE Press Release: Beverly Hills Cop 1-3 (Remastered) (4k UHD Digital) (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D Supporting Actor

Jeffrey D Hanawalt
    This whole UHD as streaming only issue is discouraging. A dum dum like me who doesn’t know how to stream, or have the hardware to stream (I gave up my WiFi hotspot at the house because I never made use of it) will be left behind. Oh, well- I still have plenty of discs to watch.

Jesse Skeen, Osato and PMF like this.
  2. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Lead Actor
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    Now that I have been thinking of it a good part of the day I am kind of irritated at Paramount and very disappointed at the same time. Paramount is also limiting the money they can make because there are still many people who can not stream because they do not have internet or do not have enough bandwidth to stream. I will hold off on this trilogy for awhile so Paramount is not getting money from me and that money will be spent elsewhere! I have a 4K Apple TV and could stream it but I am willing to bet the trilogy on iTunes will be HD only and most likely the only way to get 4K digital will be to buy them separately.

Osato likes this.
  3. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    Why would you think that? That’s not really how iTunes works. They present the best version of the film they have for a single price point. If they have it in 4K, that’s what they sell.

Tino likes this.
  4. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Right, I don't understand how Dave could say that when it counters my experience with iTunes as it pertains to movies and their sequels.

Tino likes this.
  5. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    I know Dave prefers physical but that doesn’t mean digital is the boogeyman.

If Paramount felt there was a market for these titles in UHD disc, they’d make the disc, they’re in the business of making money. Since there is no UHD disc but there is a 4K digital version, that leads me to conclude that their market research has shown that a UHD disc version would not sell in the numbers they would need to justify the expense. In other words, the demand for such a release is much smaller than what Dave is describing.

6. Robert Crawford

Robert
    Digital is the boogeyman for some around here, but, to me, it's another way to collect my favorite movies at a cheaper cost.

Also, people tend to think these studios make these decisions without doing any type of marketing research which isn't the case.

DavidJ, Mark-P, Tino and 1 other person like this.
  7. Message #27 of 36 Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Lead Actor
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    I have seen movies with 4K and when I have looked at bundles they are in HD only and for example the new Lion King is out on 4K blu-ray but the digital version says HD. I have purchased a few bundles for good prices that still look good even though HD like all 8 Saw movies and all 8 Friday The 13th movies for $19.99. I just picked up all 4 Scream movies for $9.99 which is good even in HD. Also purchased the new Poltergeist movie for $7.99 in 4K HDR not bad. I do prefer to get movies on disc but since getting the 4K Apple TV I have purchased a number of movies in digital HD or 4K. But this is one of the franchises that I want on 4K disc instead of digital. Will wait and see what the bundle shows in the details once it shows up on iTunes.

Matrix Trilogy.

20191101_190728a.

8. Robert Crawford

Robert
    Disney movies are not shown in 4K on iTunes because Disney objects to Apple giving free upgrades to 4K when somebody purchases an HD digital from iTunes or if somebody redeems their digital code from a Blu-ray or 4K disc purchase. Therefore, you won't see "Lion King" or any other Disney title in 4K on iTunes

Neil S. Bulk and Mark-P like this.
  9. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    To follow up on what Robert said, those of us who have purchased bundles at iTunes can all assure you that regardless of how the bundle is labeled, if you purchase it at iTunes you will get the 4K versions. iTunes only blocks 4K access to titles that migrate from other retailers as HD through Movies Anywhere.

10. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

As an Amazon Associate Home Theater Forum will earn from qualifying purchases.

11. Osato

Osato Producer

wish this was a UHd Blu ray release.

paramount should really give customers the option of still buying discs.

I did pick up Paramount’s it’s a wonderful life on UHd Blu Ray though.

hoping we get Star Trek 2 (and the other films) and war of the worlds in UHd Blu Ray soon.

I also purchased Paramount’s mission impossible film series set and Star Trek kelvin UHd Blu ray sets this year.

12. Robert Crawford

Robert
    @Ronald Epstein iTunes is selling the HD digital each of these movies for $4.99 now.

13. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Thank you. I will make a purchase.

Off Topic slightly, but if you ever see massive drops on the Bond sets (digital) please let me know

14. Robert Crawford

Robert
    Ron, on iTunes all four Craig movies are $29.99 HD digital and each of them have upgraded to 4K/Dolby Vision.

15. Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk Screenwriter

Neil S. Bulk
    The first film showed up as $6.99. They have the bundle for sale as well, but it's the same price as buying them individually.

16. Robert Crawford

Robert
    My fault for making that assumption as I had the first film already so really didn't checked that individual price, but, did so on the other two film which were $4.99 each.