What's new

Phantom Xbox Games? (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I've been looking for information about Grand Theft Auto 3 for the Xbox (which was announced a while ago) and MGSX, and am turning up nothing but empty leads. In the case of GTA, neither Rockstar's or Take2s site say anything about the Xbox release (they mention the upcoming PC release and the Xbox Max payne, but no Xbox GTA). What's going on here?

Joe Murray

Auditioning
I read somewhere that GTA3 was cancelled for XBox. Maybe PlanetXbox.com or xboxweb.com... I can't remember right now.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
The point is, I'm fairly sure there hasn't been a formal announcement of GTA3 for Boxen yet, so they wouldn't formally cancel it either. They are doing quite well with PS2 sales of the game, and are even in a GT3-style bundle here in the UK; going on about any XBox version right now would both harm sales and annoy Sony.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
The point is, I'm fairly sure there hasn't been a formal announcement of GTA3 for Boxen yet
There hasn't been a formal announcement, but how about the DMA producer of GTA3 talking about it in interviews, and the president of Rockstar talking about it in interviews related to their financial outlook?

Yup, of course they can still cancel it...

And like MGSX, you hit the nail on hte head Iain - it's in their best interest to *not* talk about it right now, not while sales are so high.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I dont know if these are formal or not but I posted them in another thread pertaining to this very subject:
Link Removed
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...686637,00.html
You are not going to hear anything about this game until after the new year I would think. LIke Ian and Brian stated sales are going really well and I dont think they would want to steal the fire from the PS2 version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks