Phantasm DVD - Defective Batch?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Scott Weinberg, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Hi. I recently purchased a copy of the Phantasm DVD. Went to play it on my Samsung player, and when I clicked on the Special Features menu, I got lotsa whirring sounds, a few clicks...and nothing. All I can do is hit Power to turn the player off.

So I returned the DVD and got another copy of the movie.

Same problem!

Though this is hardly a high-end DVD player, I've never had this sort of problem with any DVD...MGM or otherwise.

So I ran this new disc on my secondary DVD player (an old relic) and...same problem! It hangs up when I click on Special Features. Same problem on two separate DVDs of the same movie. How very odd.

So now I gotta go back to Tower and try not to sound like an idiot when I explain...what, that they have a whole batch of defective Phantasm DVDs?

Anyone else ever come across this problem?

2. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

i purchased a copy several yrs ago, and watched it for the first time this past weekend-only watched some trailers and tv spots in the extra section, but had no problems with those.

3. Jim Blackie

Jim Blackie Stunt Coordinator

Well, I got in with the first batch (love that movie!), so it may not be helpful, but no problems here. I assume you checked for disc smudges, scratches, and that your laser lens is clean?

4. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

It sounds like you have a defective DVD of Phantasm. I watched my DVD of Phantasm (watched last year) & there are no problems with the special features (DVD player is a Samsung DVDN501)