What's new

Phaedra (1962) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
887090133111.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Wish they had used the original artwork which is extraordinary. This color cover misrepresents the integrity of the black and white original film.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
If people whose judgement I trust say this is a good disc, I'll buy it. I saw the trailer when the film was new but didn't go the following week to see Phaedra. Later, when I was catching up on old films in earnest, I didn't bother with this film because by then I had discovered that Melina Mercouri had the power to irritate me enormously. She still has that capacity, but I have recently become a huge admirer of Jules Dassin. (I watched Rififi last night. Dassin's first chance to work in five years, he has a minimal budget and he turns out a masterpiece!)

I now intend to watch every one of his films including those I avoided in the past because of his leading lady.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Haha..
It's true that I'm irritated by her acting too (although I'm Greek), but I can't pinpoint what is exactly that irritates me. The pronunciation? The hyperbole? I don't know..
But in this particular film, I didn't like Perkins more, since I found him too "gay" for this specific role.

about the covers:
It's funny, in this B&W film they put a colored cover, and in Iphigeneia (which is a colored film), they put a B&W cover! :D

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wish they had used the original artwork which is extraordinary. This color cover misrepresents the integrity of the black and white original film.

Ken,

Interesting you pointed that out.

Olive Films just contacted me. They have updated the artwork for the box:

887090133111.jpg

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Interesting that the artwork was redone. The original artwork was not bad but being color might have thrown some people off. Of course strategic air command had black and white jimmy Stewart for a superb color film....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks