What's new

Petrocelli: The Complete Collection (1 Viewer)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
What formatting error are you referring to?
I don't currently have my set because I loaned it to a friend. But If I recall correctly, on the back box description, a line of text near the top was prematurely indented--or something to that effect. Whatever the anomaly is, it occurred both on my box and slipcase.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I don't currently have my set because I loaned it to a friend. But If I recall correctly, on the back box description, a line of text near the top was prematurely indented--or something to that effect. Whatever the anomaly is, it occurred both on my box and slipcase.

I'll have to look closely to find out what you're referring to. BTW, I'm 1/10 (basically 10%, or through the first disc of 10) of the way through my copy of it. I think it's looking like a pretty good show.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I looked at mine.

The first sentence breaks prematurely on the second line right after a comma with the rest starting a a new line. The first 3 lines of text of the description look like this (extra wording replaced with ... for brevity):

Tony Petrocelli is a proud ... who along with
his wife,
leave the comforts of the big city...

I'd never noticed this, but hadn't read the text until now. I'd only looked at the photos and checked the set copyright for the earlier post about photo differences on the front.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I looked at mine.

The first sentence breaks prematurely on the second line right after a comma with the rest starting a a new line. The first 3 lines of text of the description look like this (extra wording replaced with ... for brevity):

Tony Petrocelli is a proud ... who along with
his wife,
leave the comforts of the big city...

I'd never noticed this, but hadn't read the text until now. I'd only looked at the photos and checked the set copyright for the earlier post about photo differences on the front.
That's that formatting error I was referencing. Thanks. I realize it's impossible to catch every error, but a formatting gaffe like that should have been caught.

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Thought I'd bring this up here, because I also put it on Facebook on Club CBS Television Studios: on the episode of Petrocelli called "Mirror, Mirror on the Wall...," OAD Wed. Nov. 6, 1974 on NBC (first episode on third disc of CBS DVD/VEI release of Petrocelli), the Paramount Split Box thereon has its colors faded (to wit, the red background is grayish, the blue Paramount logo is a faded blue, etc.). Here it is, captured from that Petrocelli release...

paramountsplitbox1974faded.jpg

paramountsplitboxfaded1974-2.jpg

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Thought I'd bring this up here, because I also put it on Facebook on Club CBS Television Studios: on the episode of Petrocelli called "Mirror, Mirror on the Wall...," OAD Wed. Nov. 6, 1974 on NBC (first episode on third disc of CBS DVD/VEI release of Petrocelli), the Paramount Split Box thereon has its colors faded (to wit, the red background is grayish, the blue Paramount logo is a faded blue, etc.). Here it is, captured from that Petrocelli release...

View attachment 37514

View attachment 37515
bmasters9,

Did you also find any surprises regarding the Blue Mountain logo on the season 2 episodes on your copy? I know only the first three episodes that season will have the logo with the ® symbol at the lower right of the screen.

~Ben

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
bmasters9,

Did you also find any surprises regarding the Blue Mountain logo on the season 2 episodes on your copy? I know only the first three episodes that season will have the logo with the ® symbol at the lower right of the screen.

~Ben

I'll look on those second-season discs to see if I can find anything else besides what you mentioned; this Split Box anomaly and the lack of the registered trademark symbol on the balance of the second-season Petrocelli episodes might be the only things of note, though.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I got my Petrocelli set back today from the friend who'd borrowed it. He said he watched two discs, ordered his own set and was holding onto mine to watch another episode or two until his own set came, which he got today.

Another convert!

I think I might be yet another, as there apparently are enough similarities to Perry Mason on CBS to qualify Petrocelli on NBC as basically being Perry Mason out in the sticks (Tony being the Mason, Maggie being the Della Street [this Della being married to Tony, unlike the more well-known Della], and Pete Ritter being Paul Drake in a cowboy hat).

Oh, and BTW, to ClassicTVMan1981X, I noticed on Club CBS Television Studios on Facebook that you had marked my post of that red-tinted Blue Mtn. as a love (or reacted that you loved it). I have two more second-season discs to scan, and I will see if I can find any more oddities/rarities/surprises.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
I think I might be yet another, as there apparently are enough similarities to Perry Mason on CBS to qualify Petrocelli on NBC as basically being Perry Mason out in the sticks (Tony being the Mason, Maggie being the Della Street [this Della being married to Tony, unlike the more well-known Della], and Pete Ritter being Paul Drake in a cowboy hat).

Oh, and BTW, to ClassicTVMan1981X, I noticed on Club CBS Television Studios on Facebook that you had marked my post of that red-tinted Blue Mtn. as a love (or reacted that you loved it). I have two more second-season discs to scan, and I will see if I can find any more oddities/rarities/surprises.
Ben (bmasters9),

Yes, because it's obviously one I'd never seen before.

~Ben

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I bit the bullet on this one just now. I caught a few episodes on TV Land years ago and don't remember too much of it, but the fact that there are more guests that I know and like on this show should make it worth going through.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I bit the bullet on this one just now. I caught a few episodes on TV Land years ago and don't remember too much of it, but the fact that there are more guests that I know and like on this show should make it worth going through.

I'd say so! I thought that Barry Newman was great as Tony (not to leave out, that I enjoyed the format of the show itself).

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Watched the pilot. I hadn't realized Joanna "Isis" Cameron was in it, but it was a nice bonus! And I also had a bit of a double-take reaction because in the scene at the beginning when Stefanie Powers is arraigned, the courtroom dialogue was lifted *verbatim* from an episode of the 1962 lawyer series "Sam Benedict" that I had watched earlier in the morning. The explanation I now realize for that is that both shows had the same executive producer, E. Jack Neuman and he was clearly consulting his old "Benedict" scripts for a few items to use (though the story plot bears no similarity to the "Benedict" episode)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks