What's new

Petrocelli: The Complete Collection (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Also, after a spot check of episodes from both seasons, the original Paramount logos are intact.

That's what I did with Shout!'s fourth- and fifth-and-final-season releases of Hart to Hart (1982-84): to make sure that they had the CPT 80s Torch Lady logos of the time. They exist, but the CPT logo on those releases is the bylineless version also seen on Mill Creek's first-and-second-season release of T.J. Hooker.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The set arrived in my mailbox in quick order on release day. Impressed with VEI so far. Upset about the cut on the pilot. The credit sequence is missing as has been reported. but that appears to be all I have noticed so far.

As far as I can tell, the episodes I have viewed all run approximately 50 and one-half minutes long. It doesn't appear that any remastering was done. The episodes are very clear and in pretty good shape to my "untrained" eyes. The color does seem to run to the red/orange side of the spectrum. I have been having a blast re-viewing these. I watched episode 4, "Edge of Evil" this morning. Guest cast included William Shatner (Star Trek), Glenn Corbett (Zefram Cochrane), Susan Oliver (Vina) as well as an early appearance of Harrison Ford. Interesting cast and a pretty good episode, not much excess Shatner:D.

Al right, Now I need to see
The Magician,
The Immortal, and
Longstreet.

Thank you VEI, Inc.

Last edited:

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
The set arrived in my mailbox in quick order on release day. Impressed with VEI so far. Upset about the cut on the pilot. The credit sequence is missing as has been reported. but that appears to be all I have noticed so far.

As far as I can tell, the episodes I have viewed all run approximately 50 and one-half minutes long. It doesn't appear that any remastering was done. The episodes are very clear and in pretty good shape to my "untrained" eyes. The color does seem to run to the red/orange side of the spectrum. I have been having a blast re-viewing these. I watched episode 4, "Edge of Evil" this morning. Guest cast included William Shatner (Star Trek), Glenn Corbett (Zefram Cochrane), Susan Oliver (Vina) as well as an early appearance of Harrison Ford. Interesting cast and a pretty good episode, not much excess Shatner:D.

Al right, Now I need to see
The Magician,
The Immortal, and
Longstreet.

Thank you VEI, Inc.

Doug:

Thank you for the sharing your first impressions. I look forward to purchasing this set in the near future.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have watched a few episodes of Petrocelli and here is my take:

• The quality is very good!
  • The cast is amazing, especially some of the humour by Petrocelli
  • The backdrop is funny as it hardly looks like a small town, but a big city. I believe the film Petrocelli in Tucson, Arizona.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
About the packaging on this Petrocelli release-- IINM, it's two seasonal slipcases in a box, each containing 5 discs. Is that true?

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The Lawyer is available thru amazon.com. I watched it on Prime this past summer. Currently it is not on Prime but is available on their streaming service.

https://www.amazon.com/Lawyer-Barry...&refinements=p_n_format_browse-bin:2650306011

The movie is based on the Sam Sheppard murder case (unofficial inspiration for "The Fugitive" tv series). Diana Muldaur plays the wife. Robert Colbert (Time Tunnel) is the defendant. An above average film but not quite as good as the series. Worth checking out and would be nice to have on disc.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Thanks for all the helpful info! Will be picking this one up soon. One of my childhood favorites for sure.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member

This is the logo I hope they will keep intact on THE MAGICIAN (the March 1973 pilot)!

~Ben

Can't believe this is of such concern to people. But then I read about folks on this site stressing over the boxes the DVDs come in. But, as far as the studio logo, just check what's on the Sci-Fi episodes of The Magician or The Immortal as that's what elements will be used on these releases.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Can't believe this is of such concern to people. But then I read about folks on this site stressing over the boxes the DVDs come in. But, as far as the studio logo, just check what's on the Sci-Fi episodes of The Magician or The Immortal as that's what elements will be used on these releases.
That's exactly where I originally found that logo!

~Ben

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Just got my set and watched the Night Games TV movie. Great to see Dennis Patrick as the judge. It's been 40 years since I've seen this show and I'd almost forgotten that the lovely Susan Howard played his wife. Also great to see Jon Cypher in a guest role, years before his work on Hill Street Blues.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Have been alternating between Perry Mason, The Flash (1990), Wild Wild West and Petrocelli. Making my own schedule of "classic" tv during this rerun season.

I have gotten through the first 15 episodes and have been utterly charmed by this show. So far I have not found a major stinker in this group of episodes. Many of the mysteries/solutions are easily recognizable but their execution is just so well done. I have been so tickled revisiting this series. The chemistry among the leads is incredible. The relationship between Tony and Maggie is utterly believable. I like the fact that Pete just works for "beer" and rarely gets paid.

The guest stars have been rather amazing so far. Rick Nelson, David Doyle, Sandy Kenyon, David Huddleston, Lynda Day George, James McEachin, Rory Calhoun, John Vernon, Loretta Swit, William Shatner, Glenn Corbett, Susan Oliver, Dana Elcar, Harrison Ford, John Anderson, Henry Jones, Geoffrey Deuel, Sharon Farrell, Belinda Montgomery, Cameron Mitchell, Harold Gould, Gregory Sierra, Barney Phillips, Fritz Weaver, Stefanie Powers, John Marley, Arlene Martel, John Milford, Louis Gossett, Jr., Richard Jaeckel, Hayden Rorke, Charles Martin Smith, Arthur Malet, Paul Carr, Christopher Connelly, Don Stroud, Susan Strasberg, George Petrie, John Dehner, and Della Reese. This is just the first 15 episodes.

I am trying to ration these episodes, but they are almost like the old Lay's commercial; "Nobody can eat just one!"

I hope every one is enjoying time spent in San Remo.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
...the Petrocelli set is wonderful, very good video and audio, but not remastered...the second season episodes appear to be a little bit washed out compared to season one...minor quibbles, so fear not...I'm very glad that VEI released it...a very enjoyable show, and very nostalgic, as I fondly remember the Tucson of long ago...I traveled there in 1975, right when the show was in the middle of it's run...there are some terrific stunts on Petrocelli...in the John Ritter episode of season 2, there's a eye popping chase sequence involving a helicopter...amazing that the FAA allowed them to do this at the airport...interesting also to see Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill (2 episodes) just before their big break with Star Wars...

I just watched this one Saturday night and was surprised that from the camera angle, it was apparent that Barry Newman was actually in the air. Seemed that the helicopter was actually in flight. Visually impressive as well as looking a bit dangerous. On top of that, a pretty good episode.

Watching the John Colicos (Kor) episode (Terror on Wheels) right now, along with Annette O'Toole as a waitress and Gerald McRaney as a psycho biker dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks