What's new

Petrocelli: The Complete Collection (1 Viewer)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Due entirely to this thread peaking my interest, I purchased the set a couple of days ago when it went under $30. It is now even a bit lower, at $27.44.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Due entirely to this thread peaking my interest, I purchased the set a couple of days ago when it went under $30. It is now even a bit lower, at $27.44.
If it's not shipped, cancel and reorder. Put it on "slow" shipping to delay its going out, which will make it easier to cancel. It's a title currently in a price war with WM. You'll see it continue to drop periodically until WM finally puts it back to the "normal" price.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If it's not shipped, cancel and reorder. Put it on "slow" shipping to delay its going out, which will make it easier to cancel. It's a title currently in a price war with WM. You'll see it continue to drop periodically until WM finally puts it back to the "normal" price.
Thanks, but it shipped already. That's okay, the price is reasonable, even if I didn't get it at the bottom of the drop. I'm very satisfied with the price I paid.
I appreciate you sharing the "price wars" information, both here and on the Universal Horrors book in another thread. Great stuff!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
You're welcome! I sure wish there was an easy way to find these "price war" titles. I just stumble across many of them and get a few from another site.

I've been trying to decide if it'd be better to start a thread in the TV on DVD area or the Bargains area to post some of the TV ones I've found. I'm leaning on here and then asking a mod to move it if necessary.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've been trying to decide if it'd be better to start a thread in the TV on DVD area or the Bargains area to post some of the TV ones I've found. I'm leaning on here and then asking a mod to move it if necessary.
My druthers would be that you post twice, once in a bargains thread on deals and the second in the specific thread for that show.
That way I have two chances to find it, and it's all about me! :D

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
do you think that Lt. John Ponce (the late David Huddleston) could very well have been Petrocelli's version of Lt. Tragg from Perry Mason?

Entirely possible. They seemed to have an easy rapport and mutual respect. Seems they were following the blueprint. I really enjoy watching them interact. It was a shame he only made one appearance in season 2.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
To go along with the great new book on Mr. Novak, publisher BearManor Media has a new book on Petrocelli coming out in December...with a foreword by Barry Newman himself...for me, a good companion book for a much loved TV series makes up for the usual lack of any bonus features on most studio DVD releases...
22049812_10155865811369940_3143496036752451860_n.jpg

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
To go along with the great new book on Mr. Novak, publisher BearManor Media has a new book on Petrocelli coming out in December...with a foreword by Barry Newman himself...for me, a good companion book for a much loved TV series makes up for the usual lack of any bonus features on most studio DVD releases...
22049812_10155865811369940_3143496036752451860_n.jpg

Will purchase, definitely! That 1974-76 NBC legal series spoke for itself in the release from VEI/CBS DVD as to how good it was (albeit the release had no bonuses), but I'll be most assuredly looking forward to owning this upcoming book about it!

JayHink

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Did the pilot movie make it to disc? it's too bad The Lawyer hasn't; I'd love to add it to my collection.

All four of those reviews have been posted up now.

I've been really pleased with VEI the past couple years, licensing those CBS/Paramount-owned shows and slowly, but surely, rolling them out, one by one. No idea how the sales have been, but hopefully their margins are workable enough to keep going.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Only three more episodes left to go! I don't remember these Season 2 episodes at all, I must've been on to something else at the time (probably Starsky and Hutch). I'm actually glad they got away from the usual formula for these final shows of the series.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Only three more episodes left to go! I don't remember these Season 2 episodes at all, I must've been on to something else at the time (probably Starsky and Hutch). I'm actually glad they got away from the usual formula for these final shows of the series.

Good to see you're not far from the checkered flag! Semi-OT, but I'm close to having another series of mine take the checkers: Wanted: Dead or Alive w/the late Steve McQueen; it's going to take the checkers in 10 episodes (I won't necessarily have the release completed, as there still is a bonus disc with colorized episodes and that St. Louis Bank Robbery film, and there will be featurettes on the last disc of the series, but I will have that 1958-61 CBS B/W Western series completed).

Last edited:

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Only two more episodes to go! I had been limiting myself to one episode per week, but I usually find myself sprinting to the finish line when I get close to finishing a series (I'll probably wrap up Petrocelli this weekend). I think I'm going to put Police Story, Season 2 (which I just purchased) into my Monday night "crime show" slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks