1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Petitions to help support OAR

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Garrison, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Ken Garrison

Ken Garrison Supporting Actor

2. Ken Garrison

Would somebody PLEASE take the time to sign these petitions to help support OAR and help phase out Pan and Scan?

3. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

You aren't finding much support because you posted in the wrong forum.

I would expect that it will be moved to the appropriate forum soon enough.

4. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

I can help with that. Moving....

Good luck on the petitions.

5. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    I think HBO should create an "HBO-Theater" channel which is 100% OAR. HBO DID show Titanic matted once...

6. Ken Garrison

I feel that this is the appropriate place to post petitions to help support OAR. I'm a newbie on this forum, so please bear with me.

I agree to the person who signed the petition about leaving the Pan and Scan to VHS. OAR on DVD and Pan and Scan on VHS. That's the way it should be.

7. Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine Supporting Actor

8. Ken Garrison

I didn't really too much care for letterbox until I bought a DVD, Jaws the Revenge. It says on the back "Widescreen-Presented in a "Letterbox" Widescreen format preserving the 2.35:1 "Scope" aspect ratio of its original theatrical exhibition. That's all it took to change my mind. Then I got to reading about aspect ratios on the internet, got really into it, and now I will not rent, buy, or watch ANY movies unless they are OAR. I now own 3 DVDs. Jaws The Revenge, Rush Hour 2, and Charlton Heston's Planet of the Apes. All in a 2.35:1 aspect ratio. I wanna get the earlier versions of Jaws and Rush Hour 1. And I wanna get Rush Hour 3 if they make a Rush Hour 3 in the near future. I'm gonna start erasing my tapes I recorded of Starz so I can save some tape. Starz only shows fullscreen. Not work keeping that crap on VHS.

9. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

10. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Done.

#11 and #7

11. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

I just signed both petitions. I really like the idea of the second (HBO/STARZ) petition, and hope when the author sends it to them it will set their minds to thinking...but who is the first (Eliminate P&S) petition going to be sent to?

12. Ken Garrison

I'm the one who made the petitions. I assume Petitiononline.com will send them along. It's worth a try.

Will K? All I did was read the little message on the back of the DVD case and that was it. It's all OAR from there.

13. Ken Garrison

I emailed Starz a little bit ago. Got an email from them today saying that they show letterbox on Starz and Starz Cinema on primetime on Monday and Wednesday. Here's what they said.

"We do air letterboxed versions of some movies since many of our subscribers have requested them. Monday second prime (9 or 10 pm) on STARZ! and Wednesday prime time (8 pm) on STARZ! Cinema. We try to satisfy all of our customers and air both letterboxed and full frame movies. However, we will be happy to forward your comments to our Programming Department for consideration and review."

I basically replied and told them we need more than that.

14. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

15. Ken Garrison

I got Starz's email address. I'll send them the URL of the petition so they can see it. I'll do that after we get more signatures on it.

16. William Ward

William Ward Supporting Actor

I was #17 on the P&S list....

Only problem is that you seemed to have your questions with the wrong petitions....

17. Ken Garrison

Huh?

18. William Ward

William Ward Supporting Actor

The petition dealing with HBO and Starz seems to have questions pertaining to DVD purchase habits...

And the petition dealing with ending P&S has questions dealing with OAR on TV...

19. Ken Garrison

Oh, well, I just wanna see if the people who want Letterbox on those movie channels only buy OAR DVDs and I'm curious if they also rather have the Pan and Scan Process eliminated completely.

20. Ken Garrison

More signatures please!!!!!!!! I'm gonna email the Starz, and HBO Petition to all the networks that show movies and gonna email the end the pan and scan petition to all the studios I can. Disney, WB, etc. Let's get some more signatures on there. I know it might NOT do a bit of good, but it's worth a shot.