What's new

Petition: The Fearless Vampire Killers on DVD (1 Viewer)

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor

Let me go off topic for a while, and ask why is it I can't see signatures myself in the browser window on that site anymore?

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit
Not sure if this'll help, but on the "view current signatures" page, if you click on the number of signatures there are (currently 29) you'll see their details.

George_Reis

Stunt Coordinator
I know how we can get Warner to release this classic for sure! Ask Roman Polanski to retitle it "Scooby Doo and The Fearless Vampire Killers," and Warner will be all over that baby!

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I thought that this was already announced, quite a while ago, as a tentative release sometime this year. I wish I could recall where I read that.

George_Reis

Stunt Coordinator
I think that FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS was announced by Warner in the Bizzaro World (an alternate universe) as part of Warner's ongoing "Midnite Classics" DVD series. Also in that batch is THEM, DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE, PHANTOM OF THE RUE MORGUE, HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS, FRANKENSTEIN 1970, FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE and ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN. Mind you, this is the "Bizzaro World," and we have no way of getting there.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Yes George, and don't forget these other "Bizzaro World" Warner Midnite Classic DVDs:
Beast From 20,000 Fathoms
Beast With 5 Fingers, The
Bedlam
Body Snatcher, The
Cat People
Demon Seed
Devil Doll
Doctor X
Freaks
Green Slime, The
Haunting, The
House of Wax
Illustrated Man, The
Isle of the Dead
I Walked With a Zombie
Mad Love
Mark of the Vampire
Mask of Fu Manchu, The
Mystery of the Wax Museum
Omega Man, The
Picture of Dorian Grey, The
Soylent Green
Valley of Gwangi
Village of the Damned
Walking Dead, The

Sebastian_A

Stunt Coordinator
Whatever happened to the TENANT, Polanski's masterpiece? Wasn't there talk it would be released in MAY?
Thanks,
Sebastian. :)

Chad C

Auditioning
Not sure but I think Paramount has delayed THE TENANT and DON'T LOOK NOW to 4th quarter '02.
TFVK is a great film and has the potential to be an incredible DVD, I'm in! Thanks for the petition Jussi! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
I should probably mention that The Fearless Vampire Killers isn't the original version of the film. Polanski's version (the one originally released in the UK) was called Dance of the Vampires; when MGM picked it up for U.S. release they cut some footage, relooped some of the dialogue, and changed the title to The Fearless Vampire Killers, which was such a goofy title that it eventually became the title by which the movie was known everywhere, even in the UK. As far as I know the current U.S. VHS edition is of the cut version, although I haven't seen it in awhile so I don't know for sure. It's probably too much to expect the DVD to go back to using the Dance of the Vampires title, which hardly anybody remembers, but I would hope they would release the original Polanski cut. (Incidentally, Polanski himself apparently hated the new title.)

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I've never seen this film in it's OAR so I would definitely buy this if released. I just signed the petition(#340).

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit
Going for 500... only 95 more, so bump! Can you suggest any other forums where I should post info about this petition?

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit
Since yesterday was the 1/6th anniversary of this petition, I've decided to inform Warner Bros of it. (Of course, everybody is still free to sign it at any time.) The problem is that I've been unable to find an e-mail address of anybody at the company. Could anybody help out?

John Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
Jussi,

As you've discovered, this film does indeed have a large number of fans. But 745 signatures?! While this is certainly encouraging, it'd be great if we could get a thousand or more signatures. Come on folks...if you've got any desire at all to see this unique vampire horror/comedy film released on DVD, please sign Jussi's petition. Considering some of the crap that's being released on DVD these days (I know, one person's crap is another person's treasure), this film truly deserves to be on DVD.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks