What's new

Petition in favor of XM/SIRIUS merger (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is not some dopey petition, but one that is actually making
news.

If you are interested in seeing both satellite services combine their
operations with a promise of expanded content at a lower subscriber
cost (rumored at $10), then please take the time to sign the petition.

Click Here for petition

beachdreaming10

Auditioning
Real Name
Melissa
Sounds good for the RUMOR of $10 a month, but what about lifetime subscriptions and the equipment we already have.

bassman99floyd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jimmy
So far, after I signed the petition, there are 2788 signatures. I hope people post updates so we can see how this increases?

Great Post!!
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Fred333

Agent
Real Name
Fred
First time hearing about this merger. Going to sign it right now... Thanks for the info.

mylan

Screenwriter
Well, yesterday I began noticing the channel line-up changing. I would go to The Boneyard and switch back and it would be Hair Nation. I think the Boneyard is coming back in January but it looks like they have heavily moved towards Sirius programming since I am seeing many changes to the XM line-up, as of right now, I am not sure if this is a good thing either.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I noticed the changes yesterday too, on my way home from work. So far I'm OK with the changes.

mylan

Screenwriter
I'm sure i'll adapt but the old XM line-up is familiar. I spent the day trying to decide if Octane, Classic Vinyl, and Hair Nation were better than Squizz, Top Tracks, and Boneyard.

Whatever happens will be better than plain old F.M.

Kevin N

Stunt Coordinator
Most of the music stations were dumbed down a bit. Really it's not too different from XM in the past 6 months on most channels, just swinging more towards mainstream hits instead of lesser known artists and songs. I still like it for in the car due to the talk, sports, and play by play stations.

I did cancel my Inno, however, and have been using my iPhone with Pandora, Last.FM, AOL Radio, and FStream (internet radio and iTunes Radio). Also trying to see who I can con a Slacker G2 out of for Christmas. :D

Users who are viewing this thread