What's new

Petition for Harry O to be Released on DVD (1 Viewer)

skees53

Agent
Real Name
David
It is NOW available on Warner Archive (like in the past five minutes).
0195a3df_Screenshot2012-07-11at1.51.57PM.png

(screenshot from WAC website)
Edit: Well, not quite... it is listed on their main page as a July 10 release now, but if you click on the link, it doesn't show a page for it yet... give it a little more time, hopefully it'll be up very soon.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thank goodness for that. Like the Quincy, M.E.-style part of the front cover with the image of David Janssen inside the circle shape.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Very retro, cool enough. :cool: About that pressed business, wonder if those are going primarily for the early Warner site release or retailers later get some too. Probably a mix until they run out.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Item page is up:
http://www.wbshop.com/product/code/1000333850.do

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
HenryDuBrow said:
Very retro, cool enough. :cool: About that pressed business, wonder if those are going primarily for the early Warner site release or retailers later get some too. Probably a mix until they run out.
Keep in mind since they still do not indicate if these are pressed or not there is no guarantee until someone here actually reports getting one so if thats a deal breaker for anyone here then you may want to wait for the 1st reports. I'm just personally confindent they will be because the past sets have been and based on their statement above it sounds like most multi-disc sets will be going forward and I think they believe this title will sell well enough.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Randy,
2zg9mch.jpg
for the info on this one. It's one that a lot of collectors have been waiting to add to the collection. The pressed info is something that I hadn't known before reading your posts here. TIme to think about this one.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Willis /t/299715/petition-for-harry-o-to-be-released-on-dvd/90#post_3947606
Randy,
2zg9mch.jpg
for the info on this one. It's one that a lot of collectors have been waiting to add to the collection. The pressed info is something that I hadn't known before reading your posts here. TIme to think about this one.

Agreed on both counts, Jeff. I thank Randy for the info and also think this is one release I'm going to have to consider.

Gary "anything Janssen's in I have to give serious consideration to" O.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Thanks For Thanks Jeff and Gary. This wasn't originally on my radar but after recently giving the Fugitive a shot and enjoying it as well as Mannix I believe I will like this and wil be picking it up soon. Just waiting for a sale that will apply to this title although the 10% off $44.99 for 22 episodes and the pilot is not too bad so I think they are improving little by little on the pricing as they could have done this as a split season release.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Interesting about the pressed disk angle. I picked up the latest "Night Court" a few weeks back and when checking out the disks I had to do a double take because they sure looked like pressed disks in appearance. But I just figured based on the evoultion of their product maybe they were looking less and less like the traditional DVD-R. Now i have to wonder if I did get a pressed disk set.
Though it does make a lot of sense. I believe a run of pressed disks would be cheaper to manufacture then the "on demand" approach. Going the route of producing a limited run of pressed disks for dustribution initially through WB and then "on-demand" later makes some sense.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
smithb said:
Interesting about the pressed disk angle. I picked up the latest "Night Court" a few weeks back and when checking out the disks I had to do a double take because they sure looked like pressed disks in appearance. But I just figured based on the evoultion of their product maybe they were looking less and less like the traditional DVD-R. Now i have to wonder if I did get a pressed disk set.
Though it does make a lot of sense. I believe a run of pressed disks would be cheaper to manufacture then the "on demand" approach. Going the route of producing a limited run of pressed disks for dustribution initially through WB and then "on-demand" later makes some sense.
Yes I think its a good approach as well and since its limited it generates a feeling of "I better order this soon before they run out of pressed disc copies" for those that pressed discs are a big issue and that is certainly good from a business standpoint on their end. Now that this is starting to go to the movies they release as well I think it will be the norm except for some of the more obscure titles that they may be worried about how many they will sell.
I don't have Night Court but since the majority of the recent multi-disc sets have been pressed then if it looks like one it probably is. The recent HB title The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan was also pressed so it looks this extends to their animated titles as well.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Sounds like a good deal to me, Randy. When I first heard about this, I thought the same thing Brad did about why the company would work it that way. It does seem to make better business sense for them. I'll pick this set up eventually.

Gary "now if we can get them going on some of those b/w titles in their library we'll really be cookin'" O.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
From their Comic Con announcement besides Shazam we should be seeing The Leiutenant soon and from Facebook replys I received recently Cheyenne Season 4 will be out before the end of the year and The Gallant Men was almost finished so we should be getting some b & w soon. But their plates are full with news shows and continuing the current releases as followups to Medical Story and Courtship of Eddies Father are also suppossed to be coming soon and the Hanna Barbera fans (me included) are also a demanding group, so delays on some titles would not surprise me.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thanks David (again) and Randy for the news updates on the first season set of Harry O. This is some of the best TV on DVD news in recent weeks. Well chuffed that the first season (and the first pilot TV movie) is making it's way to DVD at last.

Surprised about the pressed discs with this set (even if it's for a limited time, possibly). And will the complete season set be for some Warner Archive titles, with seasons being split in half being what the Warner Archive will do with TV show titles?

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
I'm from Australia and I tried to order Harry O, Shazam! and The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan from the WB website but when I added them to cart, the disclaimer would read "ships to U.S. only". I'm a bit confused as its shipping options include international delivery. :confused: I checked US Amazon, they have The Amazing Chan (although the release date is July 15) available but not the newest releases Harry O and Shazam!. Would it be advisable for me to wait until Amazon have them in stock or is there a better option I could take? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
HenryDuBrow said:
It may be that, to sell on Amazon and other such sites, they had to provide a certain amount of copies for stock, and it was just cheaper and faster to press, not MOD, the first run.
Assuming, as noted, that the first batch is pressed at all. It could indeed be MOD'd.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
WaveCrest said:
Thank goodness for that. Like the Quincy, M.E.-style part of the front cover with the image of David Janssen inside the circle shape.
The "O" shape was the style of the series main title sequence. Harry O had it first, preceding Quincy on the air by two seasons.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Rick Thompson /t/299715/petition-for-harry-o-to-be-released-on-dvd/90#post_3948216
The "O" shape was the style of the series main title sequence. Harry O had it first, preceding Quincy on the air by two seasons.

In hindsight the circle shape on the first season front cover reminded me of Quincy, M.E. Even though Harry O came first there was no harm in me saying the circle shape on the front cover reminded me of Quincy, M.E. Saw Quincy, M.E. on TV first, then some of Harry O years later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks