What's new

PETITION - Apocalypse Now Redux 2-disc set (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
A fan of the film has started a petition for a 2-disc Redux DVD.
Paramount and Zoetrope really blew it with the DVD they announced, but this fan has a dream package put together!
Give the petition a look here and maybe take 2 seconds to sign it.
What could it hurt?
------------------
webmaster davisdvd.com
International Exclusives
[Edited last by Patrick Mirza on September 13, 2001 at 05:34 PM]

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
How did they blow it with the DVD they put out (well it's not even out yet to be exact)? The main feature proposed for this SE is Hearts of Darkness, which is a film in its own rights, and should not be treated as throw in extra. With the length of the film, it pretty much excludes doing extras, unless they go the 2 disc route (other than Hearts of Darkness and the alternate ending, do other extras exist?).
I would perfer to have Hearts of Darkness released by itself, with some supplements geared towards HOD as a film not just a throw in supplement. Just my opinion.
J

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
there's a friggin' petition for everything now. a petition for supplements?! that's when you know the DVD community has become a group of spoiled brats.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I'm so sick of petitions. At this point there have been so many of them, the studios are probably just ignoring them.

Casey Neutron

Stunt Coordinator
The only thing I require of this disc is that it be presented in the full 2.35:1 aspect ratio, rather than the cropped 2:1 transfers of the previous video releases. Looking at the specs though, it looks like we're being cheated again.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I have to agree with Jack and the others on this one. Petition after petition means that their value and impact soon becomes minimal (if not nonexistent).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks