What's new

Peterson Leaving CSI? (1 Viewer)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
TVguide.com reported today thet CBS told them Peterson is contractually bound to play Grissom through the 2006-07 season. Sounds like he was off by a year in his contract estimate.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
I dont know, I know I dont watch CSI because of Grissom, the show would be fine without him as long as they find a reasonable replacement.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
I for one like Horatio Caine a lot more than I like Grissom. The writers have given Caine a more "human" personality, Grissom is ALL about the job, where Caine is all about the victims. Petersen is excellent in the role of Grissom though and his leaving the show would ruin it. By the way, what ever happened to Miss Heather? I kinda wanted to see her and Grissom hook up, despite the fact he had her arrested.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member

Neither do I but, OTOH, I quite watching CSI: Miami partly because of the character portrayed by David Caruso.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Sheesh, what have you guys got against Horatio Caine? Even my family and friends prefer Grissom, I just don't get it. Am I the only one who prefers Caruso's Caine over Petersens's Grissom? Grissom is such an ass to his co-workers it pisses me off sometimes.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member

Well Chuck, it is not so much that I prefer Grissom, but that Caine (when I still watched—this could have changed) always knows everything, does not delegate (the rest of the crime lab is mostly there to help him with the details), and never, ever is held responsible by authority.

I know that this is TV, so I cut them some slack, but in Las Vegas, the crime lab, including Grissom has a boss—who sometimes makes them do things his way.

Plus, on a more personal note, I find Caruso’s characterization of Caine to be way too high on the smug level.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
It's more "humane" than "human". He acts in a very odd manner, with the sunglasses, the hands on the hips, and the weird inflections when he talks. I like Caruso and a lot of his work, but "H" Caine is just too weird.

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
Well, Peterson also produces the show, so I don't blame him for wanting to stop acting eventually. It would suck though.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I like the fact that Grissom is all about the job, it gives him a cold/numb feel but at the same time Grissom isn't heartless. I like how Grissom has that dark side, there is a reason he has befriended that Dominatrix in past episodes.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Sounds more like CBS and his publicist gave him a spanking.

Either way, glad to hear he's staying.

Oh, as to the Grissom vs. Caine debate... I don't like Caine. I like how he gets emotionally involved, but Caine is too much COP, whereas Grissom is a SCIENTIST.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I haven't watched much for a couple years, so I must ask: when did Grisson get the beard and the reduced screen time?

When last I left CSI, he was a key part of the show, and was developing a hearing loss.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
just this past season. last year, right at the end, he went in for surgery, came back this year with the beard and no mention of his hearing problems.

Shea

Stunt Coordinator
I can't stand the character, and his stupid little quips at the end of episodes are ridiculous. Show is overrated anyway. The show that airs right after it is MUCH better.

Rob T

Screenwriter

not true.
Catherine made a mention as to how much better his hearing was right at the beginning of the first episode of this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.