What's new

Peter Pan (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The trailer is also designed to market the film to kids, and I don't believe is very indicative of the final product

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
I understand that...my point was that kids didn't seem to be impressed with it...so I don't think their marketing is working. Maybe Pan just seems like "old hat" to kids these days with Potter mania running so rampant...

-Dennis

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Well, fuck all of you; I liked it!:p)

Hope I didn't offend anyone with the "fuck," strictly toungue-in-cheek. That said, Peter Pan is the quintessential children's story. It takes on, head on, the fear of growing up, the destruction of innocence, the problems of adolescence, the bright spark of childhood's freedoms dulling into the mundane grind of responsibility. Almost every other children's story tries to distract children from this fact.
Maybe Pan just seems like "old hat" to kids these days with Potter mania running so rampant...
More likely just that Potter is a tale for a generation that, like Potter, has been forced to grow up far too early.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

If the trailer is designed to market to kids then why would it not be indicative of the final product? What kind of idiot would design a child orientated marketing campaign for a film that may actually be adult orientated? It doesn't make any sense. If the trailer is designed to sell the film to kids, then it is very indicative of the content of the movie.

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
Fight Club anyone? If I hadn't know it was directed by David Fincher I wouldn't have gone to see it since it was marketed as a testosterone fight movie.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Looks to be very entertaining from the trailer. I also really like the cast. It's nice to see Peter as a boy instead of an adult. My main gripe with Hook was the adult casting for Peter and Wendy. Dustin played the part perfectly.

Peace Out~:D

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
This looks like it might be a great movie! Loved the trailer and the CGI didn't look very much like CGI, which is also great. They made it look more like an oil based painting or illustrated storybook come to life.

The Coldplay song "Clocks" was perfect for the trailer!

And due to all the Freudian elements thrown in by Barrie, they are staying faithful to Barrie's stage casting choice: Mr. Darling and Hook are one in the same (Isaacs also plays both parts in the movie). Neverland is really a "map" of a child's mind and wave-center for wonder, imagination... and fear (of growing up, of parental figures, of danger both real and imagined, etc.) according to Barrie.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks