What's new

Peter Greenaway's Baby of Macon-- US DVD status? Also, any currnet sites on Director? (1 Viewer)

Hans M.

Stunt Coordinator
Hello to any Peter Greenaway fans or insiders out there!

I was hoping to find some news on Peter Greenaway's strange, powerful and controversial film The Baby of Macon starring Ralph Fiennes and Julia Ormond. I find it strange that such a film with a high-profile cast has not yet been released on R1 DVD (it's available in Australia R4, but I heard the transfer is horrid and on a single layer disc). Please share any news and insight into this, should you have any...

Also, does anyone know of a current website that stays up-to-date on Greenaway's projects? Does he have an official news site?

WillardK

Second Unit
I haven't heard anything about a future release, but I'd personally much rather see some of his other films come to R1 first. There are two early film collections available in the UK which really should be released in R1 (This set includes The Falls, which is essential viewing for any Greenaway fan). In fact, I'd put Macon at about the bottom of the list of his films that should be but haven't been released in R1 (I liked the film, but don't think it's one of his better efforts).

His current ongoing project, The Tulse Luper Suitcase has a web portion here. I attended a museum showing of Pillow Book where Greenaway spoke and outlined his intentions for this project. It sounded fascinating, very much a return to his obsessive cataloguing only this time including computer technology. I hope dvd's of this are produced... they'd likely be special editions unto themselves! Though at 92 dvd's (the number planned) it'd probably cost a fortune and be marketed as an objet d'art.

Hans M.

Stunt Coordinator
Well, thanks to all for the info! Glad to see some response to this. A Region 1 anamorphic release of Baby of Macon would be most deserved for this film. More voices should clamor for this, so someone might hear...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks