What's new

Peter Boyle in "Joe", available on anything?? (1 Viewer)

Alex Shk

Stunt Coordinator
This was the first movie I ever saw Peter Boyle (the father on "Everybody Loves Raymond") featured in. I guess it would be a sadly dated film nowadays (working class bigot "Joe" helps a buddy retreive his daughter from a hippie commune), but I would get it just for the "camp" factor.

Additional MIA 60's camp - "Wild in the Streets" in which an acid dropping rock star sucessfully campaigns for 14 year olds to get the vote, and finds himself elected to the white house.

Any availability of these titles in ANY format?

Better question - any DESIRE for them?

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Joe was a big theatrical hit in my home town when it first appeared. Ran for something like 35 weeks. I'm suprised this one hasn't made it to dvd. I believe John Avildsen of "Rocky" fame directed. First film I ever saw Peter Boyle in, and I believe this was Susan Sarandon's first screen appearance.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
I enjoyed Joe when it first came out and would love to rent it on DVD for a revisit. Boyle was great, and it was Susan Sarandon's first film--she plays the hippie daughter--and I still remember (or think I do) one great bar scene where hardhat Joe is talking about salaries with a white collar executive. The executive states his monthly salary and Joe asks something like, "How much is that an hour?"

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
The film is set in NYC with a horrific ending probably filmed upstate. I had just moved to the Hudson Valley when I saw it and it scared the crap out of me. You'd really have to have been around in '70 to know how realistic the damn thing was.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks