What's new

PeteG, where's the review? (1 Viewer)

TedO

Stunt Coordinator
PeteG,

I have been waiting for your review/impressions of the sub you and Thomas built. It looked very good, just wondering how it sounds now that you have lived with it for awhile.

TedO

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
TedO
Pete's made the second most serious decision a man can make. Buying a house. So he's been institutionalized to get stablized on medications prior to attending the closing. :)
He's indicated that the performance of the sub exceeds all his expectations.

TedO

Stunt Coordinator
I understand.

But what is the (first) biggest decision a man has to make?

Could it be "front or rear projection?"

TedO

PeteG

Agent
Ted-
Well, what can I say about the 1503 that hasn’t already. This sub has been unbeliveable.
I’ve had the sono sub disconnected for 2 weeks now. As Thomas said I’m moving and the
place is full of packed boxes. But the time I have spent with the sub has been very
enjoyable.
The sub is corner loaded and at first it was very boomy so a parametric EQ (BFD) was
used to tame the bass hump. After calibrating the sub it mixed very well with the rest of
the system (denon 5800/pinnacle speakers).
When I had duel 20-39cs w/s700 amp from SVS they were great, but if not calibated
just right they would bottom out and couldn’t be ran real HOT. The 1503 does not have
this problem. Using a crest LT-1000 proamp(1300W bridged), it doesn’t bottom out at all
and plays alot louder, and it go’s just as deep as the duel 20-39 and thats saying alot
coming from a single sonotube. My fav demo is the begining of Toy Story 2, before with
the 20-39s I could feel the bass, not to loud but very good, now it’s very loud and it
shakes me, the couch & walls. I had to devibrate the whole room and put styrofoam
behide all the pictures to get them off the walls.
Right now I’m in a apartment so it’s never been driven hard, but that will change soon.
The 1503 sonotube w/crest amp is a overkill right now in my apartment, but I chose this
route in case I moved in to something bigger latter on, and thats exactly what happened.
-Pete
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks