What's new

Pet Peeve: When people call a DVD player a 'DVD.' (1 Viewer)

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
you know what else bugs me? when people say "that's so key". key is a noun, or an adjective. "money is THE key to happiness" is ok, but "money is key" DRIVES ME NUTS! Off with the head!

Jeremiah W

Stunt Coordinator
I hate when people say uh-huh(for yes) and uh uh(for no) get them mixed up all the time;) but as far as calling a DVD player ,oops reader;) just DVD I've don't hear people say that 'round 'chere:D

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Just the other day I had a customer come into the store and he asked me where the CD-Rs were. So, I told him they're in Aisle 4. Then, on his way to Aisle 4, he realizes that what he was looking for were CD-R BURNERS. So he quickly darts into Aisle 3, where the burners are located.
GAH!! WTF can't people call things what they were *MEANT* to be called? Is it really that difficult? I mean, it's effortless to me as far as I'm concerned. I experience this idiosyncrasy in customers at least once a day (if not more). In fact, I'm rather surprised that I don't experience it more than once a day; given that the intelligence of the general public is rather low.
It frustrates me to NO END! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Jason Wolters

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, why not call it a DVD? After all, what we call a television is actually a television set. Even though the people calling them DVDS may be technically wrong, somehow we dropped the word set off of television so what woud be so wrong with dropping the word player off of DVD player? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks