What's new

Pet Peeve time (1 Viewer)

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I can't stand walking by someone who smells as if they just bathed in cologne or perfume. For goodness sake people, how about taking a shower the conventional way - with soap and water.
I much prefer a hint of perfume or cologne when I pass someone or someone passes me by. This insistence on smelling like a perfume factory makes me want to
smiley_puke.gif

Evan Case

Screenwriter
There's a Homer Simpson line waiting to emerge from this thread.

Someone will no doubt correct me, but it's along the lines of this: someone asks Homer if he's a "bath man" and he replies, "Nah, I'm more of a 'cologne man.'"

Still, this has nothing on my pet peeve: restroom doors that open into the restroom! Little point in even washing your hands when you've got to grab onto the handle (which has no doubt been soiled by less-sanitary, non-handwashing people) just to get back out.

Evan

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Evan, I agree. They have automatic flushers, automatic faucets, and automatic hand driers. If they'd just install automatic doors we could get in and out without touching a thing (except one thing of course :D ).
One of these days I'm going to actually name one of my pets Peeve. ;)

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
I can't stand people who smack their gum and blow bubbles.

Biggest peeve: people who open their car doors and hit your car. AARRRRGGGGHHHH!

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I don't know why I thought of this, but we have some funny-ass grafitti on the stall-walls at school. My personal favorite says, "Don't look here, the joke is in your hand.":D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Those damn advertising inserts they stick by the hundreds into the T.V. Guide!:angry: They cause you to skip pages when your thumbing through it and it pisses me off!

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
let's see....people who can't spell common words, people with closed minds, and 'Pet Peeve' threads. j/k :D

Jason Handy

Second Unit
Pet peeve: sittin' on the john, with business out the tailpipe, only to realize that my wife used the last of the toilet paper :angry:

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
People that do not realize that the sign attached to the signal light infront of them that reads "left turn yeild on green" means that it is OK to turn on the solid green and do not need to wait for the signal to completely cycle thru until the arrow comes back. I could just.....
Peace Out~:D

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
I hate:

When the person in front of you turns on their left turn signal and then sloooooowly moves into the left lane as they reduce their speed. Meanwhile, you and everyone else end up going 10 mph waiting for the "creeper" to move over.

People who wait until the last second to merge.

People who sit in the left lane and become indignant when you wish to pass.

When you pull up to a red light and the person in front of you waits until the light is green to turn on their turn signal!

People who park their cars across one or more lines in order to prevent others from parking close to their vehicle (Especially during the holidays when its hard enough to find a spot!)

People who complain about other people's driving habits... DOH!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
How about people sitting on the john in a public rest room yakking on their cell phones? For some reason, this unnerves me and I tend to forego the call of nature until later.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Pat, something tells me you have a problem with people and cell phones:)
Peace Out~:D

StephenK

Stunt Coordinator
People (who aren't seniors) who stand on escalators, especially going down.
People (again who aren't seniors) who walk up stairs s l o w l y right in the middle so you can't pass them.
People who walk 3 or 4 abreast down sidewalks and take up the whole thing.
Left lane campers doing the speed limit.
(hmmm seeing a pattern here :))
Guys who don't push the revolving door if someone else is doing it. Women doing it I don't mind so much.
People who walk right into an elevator and/or subway without letting people off first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarvelManiac68