What's new

pet peeve... LITERALLY! (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I could aways say, "Fixed? She ain't broke!"

;)

Anyone know how to insert a photo into a post here. After all this buildup, y'all have to see her.
I clicked insert image and have no idea how to do it.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Whenever I see someone walking a really cute dog, or any dog for that matter since I love all animals, I will go up to the person and say, "Your dog is adorable. Is he/she friendly and can I give him/her a little pet?" 99% of the people will say, "Yes".

Have never been concerned about the reproductive status of anyone's pets.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it's quite odd as to what others feel is appropriate. I know this is a bit OT, but it kind of fits the discussion...

I was always amazed at how most people would look at my glasses and be like "Let me see!" and they'd try them on and be like "Wow, you've got bad eye sight!" :confused: I was always like "Imagine me going around and asking people 'let me try on your pants!'" - after I put them on, I'd say - "Man! You're a FAT ass!" :D

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
I don't understand why anyone should care if your dog is fixed. I guess these people have been brainwashed by Bob Barker, or they just assume you let your dog run unchecked through the neighborhood, getting pregnant, and just spitting out puppies left and right.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
It ain't working...
I uploaded the pic. to Imageshack. When I click on the link, I see the pic. but inserting here, all I get is the little box with the x

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Definitely a cutie Dave!

I have Pugs, and over the years have heard just about every stupid joke imaginable about them. It's amazing what total strangers will say.

My Pugs rarely bark, and I love it when people bark at them becaue inevitably, the person doing it looks at me and says something like 'why aren't they barking back at me'?

I usually just say something like "because you look too silly to bark at" and move on.

I prefer people ask before they pet my dogs, but that doesn't happen too often.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
LOL - I went to pet her photo and hurt my hand on the monitor. :D

Dave, definitely "cute". The photo on the beach looks like a "Glamour" shot. You can almost her her thinking "How Hot am I?". :laugh: Maybe they want to know if she's fixed for the opposite reason...maybe they DON'T want her to be fixed so that more of her 'cuteness' can be handed down to future generations ;)

Dan Mc, referring to your comment about how people felt it was ok to rub your wifes stomach when she was pregnant...I saw a 3 minute segment on my Comcast's "On Demand", about this very thing. They had a couple of pregnant women talking about how people feel the need to touch a strangers pregnant belly. It was done in a very 'tongue-in-cheek" way, but it was still amazing how people do this stuff.

The best explanation one woman had was, she said something like "I guess they think of me as 2 people and my belly isn't really a part of me, so they don't think I'd be offended..."

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I agree, they're asking if she's fixed 'cause she's such a doll they want one of her pups! I said in a previous post I've never asked anyone if their dog was fixed but I'd definitely make an exception in this case specifically because I'd love to have one of her pups!

Users who are viewing this thread