Pet Peeve: DVD inserts advertising movies on VHS (M*A*S*H)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Tannehill, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    So here I am watching and enjoying this great special edition of M*A*S*H on DVD when I see the insert advertising the Fox War Classics on Video.

The box art was all VHS-sized. The movies are "also available on DVD."

You know, I have not bought a videotape in years. And I don't want to see ads for them. With DVD poised to overtake VHS sales, I think it's time to acknowledge that in the ads that appear in DVD boxes.

Maybe I should get some sleep...

- Steve

2. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

You should talk to Peter Staddon about that. It seems very funny to get an insert about VHS in a DVD case.
    Its kind of like buying a Porsche 911 Turbo and looking in the glove compartment to find a brochure for a half dead mule.
    That's just my opinion though. [​IMG]
    Patrick

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

My Muppet Show discs proudly proclaim they're VHS [​IMG]

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

That's okay. The average DVD title from a non-major studio (for instance, Rhino, or an Anime' company, or one of Sony's lesser arms like one of their music holdings) will often include promos on their DVD's for their catalog of available titles. And they'll only show VHS versions! [​IMG]
    I feel the same way. I don't buy VHS any more, and I sure don't need to see VHS ads any more. ESPECIALLY if the title isn't out on disc!!!