What's new

Pet Peeve.....Bump (1 Viewer)

Jason Wolters

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone tell me why I keeping seeing the post with one word..........bump? It is starting to drive me crazy. :rolleyes:
Is this some type of Seinfeld humor or what? Must be cause I never thought he was funny either.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
It is an attempt to generate responses to a stale post by making it more recent without actually adding anything more to the discussion - i.e. "bumping" it to the top of the queue. It is discouraged, if not outright forbidden, by the moderators. Check out the Forum feedback area for some further discussions of it.

Regards,

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Alright, I was going to not reply and let him bump his own post, so he'd figure it out.

When no one replies to your post and you really want an answer you bump your post w/ the word "bump" back to the top of the list so it has a better shot of being replied to. We all know many readers start off replying and then just get too tired/lazy later on down the list to reply unless there is genuine interest in the article. Everyone knows the smart guys aren't going to answer every post and surely not the overly redundant posts like "what's a component cable or how many speakers do I need."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks