What's new

Pet Methey Group- Imaginary Day DVD-A... (1 Viewer)

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
... can someone here comment on the quality of this disc? Specifically what are the opinions here of the surround mix? Is it adventureous or restrained? How would you rate the 2.0 mix as far as resolution? Any comments are appreciated!

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
This is an excellent disc. The mix is adventurous but logical, and the sound quality is excellent. This type of music is perfect for surround sound, too. The stereo track sounds stronger than the CD.

Tyler DJW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
I agree with Mike. I own the CD and DVDA. I think the CD was mastered fairly well and the DVDA is only 88.2kHz, but still there is a discernable improvement. The surround mix is really where I felt there was an improvement. It's an involving mix, but logically done. Very nice. I highly recommend it if you enjoy Metheny.

If only they'd release The Road to You...

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
Mike and Tyler. Thanks for the recommend. I went and purchased this disc the other day and like you all say the surround mix is adventureous. I like it (though it's really only a 4.1 mix as there's nothing out the center channel)! I love what they did in the surround mix on FOLLOW ME and THE AWAKENING! Played the stereo mix and it's definitely better than the CD however it's the surround mix that's gonna get the play on my system!

Thanks again!!

David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks