What's new

Personal fav's you just don't here about! (1 Viewer)

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I will heartily second Joel's mention of Mark Lanegan. The Screaming Trees were very good in their heyday (Dust is a masterpiece, IMO), but Lanegan's solo work is simply stunning.

I've also become quite fond of Remy Zero. They're starting to get some success, with a major label deal and a video in strong rotation on MTV. Their singer was married to Alyssa Milano for a short while! He also has a really beautiful voice, sort of a cross between Bono and Thom Yorke of Radiohead. Remy Zero did the song at the end of Suicide Kings.

George See

Second Unit
WOW another Perfect Thyroid fan....Yes they are still alive And well And performing some of their best music in years. I'm going to guess you went to college somewhere around Poughkeepsie? Marist? Vasser? New Paltz? They have a website perfectthyroid.com although they have been having trouble with it the past few months it's been going up And down whenever it feels like it.

Ok now the topic at hand.
I'd have to say. Kay Hanley, she just released her first solo album recently very beautifull mellow album.

I'd also recomend Roger Clyne and The Peacemakers. Kind of country but in a Mearle Haggard kinda way.

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I'm a big Mark Lanegan fan myself. To be honest I like his solo work more than I liked what he did in Screaming Trees. Not that I didn't enjoy that too.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
George See,
I could have sworn I got an e-mail or something about Thyroid breaking up. Oh well.

I really want to get a copy of Kiss the Mammoth and Run for sentimental reasons but can't find it anywhere.

Btw, I went to school at Binghamton University. They played in a local bar called Westside Cheers there all the time. Before me or any of my friends had cars, we would trek out on the crummy buses that were never on time to go catch them. Fun stuff! And they played the college itself once or twice.

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
There are tons of great power pop groups over at notlame.com. One of the more recent finds is a group called International Pop Overthrow. I can't stop playing this.
Link Removed

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
The Bottle Rockets
Robert Bradley's Blackwater Surprise
Greg Brown
Iris DeMent
Radney Foster
Wayne Hancock
Peter Himmelman
Honeydogs
Luna
James McMurtry
Push Stars
Bruce Robison
Charlie Robison
Chris Smither
Kelly Willis

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
The Marvelous 3 - The best live band I ever saw. It was a sad day for me when they broke up.

Butch Walker - Former Marvelous 3 guitarist and singer now doing his solo thing. Check out his album "Left of Self-Centered."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks