What's new

Person of Interest (Season 4) (1 Viewer)

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
About financial resources: Didn't Finch's typo circling college boss mention a multi-million dollar grant for Prof. Whistler's thesis? I guess the thesis and the grant came from the Machine somehow.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Bob Gu said:
About financial resources: Didn't Finch's typo circling college boss mention a multi-million dollar grant for Prof. Whistler's thesis? I guess the thesis and the grant came from the Machine somehow.
I love the show, but I have a hard time getting over the issue of Harold not having secret funds stashed all over the world. Finch is too much of a planner not to have contingency plans for access to some secret financial resources.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
And also what's going on with Harold's various businesses, especially the insurance company? (I forget which bird name he was using for that one. That was the name Ingram's son knew him by.)Plus all those earlier P.O.I.s that were set up with new identities, that came with replenishing debit cards.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Bob Gu said:
That was definitely the implication. Whether the Machine shifted Harold's own money around the create the grant or grabbed it from some other place is unknown.
Robert Crawford said:
I love the show, but I have a hard time getting over the issue of Harold not having secret funds stashed all over the world. Finch is too much of a planner not to have contingency plans for access to some secret financial resources.
I have no doubt that Finch has money stashed all over the world. The problem is that he can't access it without putting himself on Samaritan's radar. Presumably the vast majority of it is stored electronically.
Bob Gu said:
Plus all those earlier P.O.I.s that were set up with new identities, that came with replenishing debit cards.
Most of those earlier P.O.I.s aren't threats to Samaritan, though, just like Fusco isn't. Harold, Reese, Shaw and Root are because they know the truth of what's going on.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Adam Lenhardt said:
I have no doubt that Finch has money stashed all over the world. The problem is that he can't access it without putting himself on Samaritan's radar. Presumably the vast majority of it is stored electronically.
You're presuming that which is fine, but me thinks, a paranoid guy like Harold would have some significant hard cash stashed somewhere he could get his hands on without exposing himself to danger.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
This week's episode reminded me (apart from the Samaritan overview/subplot) of some of the more difficult numbers from the first season. I really enjoyed it. And I feel sure we'll be seeing her again somewhere down the line.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I forgot to mention this the other night, but I really enjoyed the new opening credits and the subtle changes that were made.

Finch's first words... "You are being watched" becomes "We are being watched" and "I designed the machine" becomes 'I designed a machine". Also the new Samaritan graphics and the changes to the identifiers for the cast of the show. I appreciate the attention to detail in the revised credits.

Found this article about the new headquarters (sounds like it is larger than I first thought)...

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/01/person-of-interest-new-headquarters-subway/

- Walter.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
If the show's around long enough, we could probably plan to see Root taking on a younger version of herself as the analog interface for Samaritan.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A VERY jam-packed episode last night! Very entertaining, but I'd rather see one or two cases more fully developed than the three storylines running even if they did intersect in the end.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Matt Hough said:
It's also only the first week of the season. Way too early to be thinking about ratings downturns and the like. And CBS has also announced that from here on out, they're more interested in Live +3 and Live + 7 ratings rather than overnights since half the country now has DVRs and time shift their viewing.
jcroy said:
The question is what advertisers are willing to pay for live+3 and/or live+7 ratings. Especially on network tv recorded to dvrs, where the advertisements can be easily skipped over.
http://audiencewatch.nielsen.com/data/help/Tips/C3Ratings050108/index.htm
http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/235635/live-programsame-day-ratings-a-good-proxy-for-c3.html

If this article has any accuracy, allegedly advertisers mainly pay attention to the "C3" ratings metric which is closest approximately to the live+SD ratings.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
So far this season has strung together a pretty solid run of episodes. Fusco is always good for a little bit of comic relief but still gets the job done. Nice variations on the characters again in this episode with Reese having to (sort of) play by the book and Harold embracing just a bit of Benjamin Linus as Mr. Egret. I appreciate that the new Captain is somewhat approachable. Both Castle and Sleepy Hollow introduced new authority figures who were just completely unlikeable and it always takes me out of the show just a bit. Of course, 'Sir' on Castle has been around long enough to have warmed up a bit. I enjoyed the final scene with Root and Harold - just like Christmas morning. I fully expect the anti-tank missile will be employed at some point this season - perhaps in the finale.

All in all, a pretty busy but enjoyable episode.

- Walter.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Chekhov's anti-tank missile? Yeah, it will get used...

This last one was fine. A typical filler eps for the show. Looks like next week will be the same.

Monique Curnan should be a fine Capt....but do we really need another character at this time? Will she be a love interest for Reese?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Quentin said:
Chekhov's anti-tank missile? Yeah, it will get used...

This last one was fine. A typical filler eps for the show. Looks like next week will be the same.

Monique Curnan should be a fine Capt....but do we really need another character at this time? Will she be a love interest for Reese?
It's not a typical filler episode because some developments from this episode will be factors in future shows.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
An important episode tonight as we meet another arch enemy of the team. Also, a showdown between our psycho girl, Root and the blonde bad girl introduced earlier this season.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Looks like the episode Robert alluded to is next week. At first glance, this appears to be more of a 'case of the week' episode in some respects, but of course the question is will the Brotherhood figure into the larger Samaritan plot? and if yes, then how so? Last season's episode two introduced Vigilance and it was only at the end of the season when the group was linked to the larger plot of season three. Perhaps they merely serve as a replacement for HR in terms of being a shadowy criminal organization that our group encounters from time to time.

Enjoyed the few moments we had with Harold and Elias in the episode and Finch's choice of literature.

- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Robert Crawford said:
An important episode tonight as we meet another arch enemy of the team. Also, a showdown between our psycho girl, Root and the blonde bad girl introduced earlier this season.
The first part happened last night, but the showdown between the chicks is next week.

By the way, I wasn't surprise by the great reveal as I was paying attention to what that character was saying throughout the episode
and it didn't add up to me thinking he was a simple soldier.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I combined your two statements mentally in post #56. Got it.

I have to admit that Mini / Dominic pulled the wool over my eyes. When Lennox disappeared I was pretty certain she was dirty.

- Walter.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Walter Kittel said:
When Lennox disappeared I was pretty certain she was dirty.
That is the problem when Every show (not just POI) has a twist. I begin expecting/looking for one.The twist would have been Lennox being on the up and up

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks