What's new

Person of Interest Season 3 (1 Viewer)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
jcroy said:
In principle if one knows the approximate time period a system was made, one can guess what type of storage system might have been used. Most likely an off-the-shelf type of system that was easily available on the market during that specific time period.

It would be somewhat surprising if someone used a one of a kind custom made proprietary system for backup storage.
It sounds like you've never worked in a big corporation. We have technologies from 20 years ago side by side with last year's. Everything is slow to impossible to be phased out.Even in my own home, if I were to look at blank DVDs I had around in 2005, I have multiple brands - depending on which week I bought them and what was on sale.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
David Weicker said:
It sounds like you've never worked in a big corporation. We have technologies from 20 years ago side by side with last year's. Everything is slow to impossible to be phased out.
I've only worked as a freelance contractor at various big organizations.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
That tech stuff didn't bother me much. I was drawn into the drama of the various situations. I was only bothered by John's last minute arrival. I know we had no time period to judge when the events in his timeline were going on with the events with Finch et al, but it did seem very convenient.

I wanted to see Root exact some vicious physical revenge, so I felt cheated a little bit.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I'm not up to speed technologically as many of you seem to be and the whole episode seemed dopey, especially the way Root was tortured. Really? And she was still able to physically fight back after all those injections and her ear being destroyed? Reese has seemed a little fragile here emotionally. He had to know there was always a chance someone was going to get hurt. His work is dangerous. I hope he apologizes to Fusco one of these days for treating him so badly.Anyway, it looks like next week might get back to the kind of story I appreciate more.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I'm not up to speed technologically as many of you seem to be and the whole episode seemed dopey, especially the way Root was tortured. Really? And she was still able to physically fight back after all those injections and her ear being destroyed?
Never underestimate the power of crazy. :)

You could probably fight through the pain of the ear procedure (yikes - that scene was tough to watch - shades of Reservoir Dogs) but yeah; I'm not sure there would be anything left in the tank after that many injections.

- Walter.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
TravisR said:
Plus, she could have been playing possum to some degree too.
They showed a tray full of empty hypodermics. Then, the machine tells her (Root) that her antagonist has a knife or scapel in her back pocket. This thing went quite a bit over the top.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
stevelecher said:
They showed a tray full of empty hypodermics. Then, the machine tells her (Root) that her antagonist has a knife or scapel in her back pocket. This thing went quite a bit over the top.
Clearly, Root was actually in pain but I mean that she was playing it up. If her pain- on a scale of 1 to 10- was maybe a 7, she was acting as if it were a 10 to disarm her enemy.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
schan1269 said:
Seriously...Morse code SOS at 15k is more plausible?
Who was able to hear these high frequency pulses?

After watching the episode three times, I still couldn't hear it.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
On a sinewave generator, I couldn't hear a pure sinewave at 20,000 Hz.

At 15,000 Hz, I had to turn up the volume really high to start noticing it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
jcroy said:
Who was able to hear these high frequency pulses? After watching the episode three times, I still couldn't hear it.
And watching it I was wondering why Control wasn't commenting about it, because it was so obviously morse code to me.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Cameron Yee said:
They actually had the tones in the soundtrack?
No, they didn't. Root said "She's been talking to me, but since you are old, you can't hear it. I've been listening to the Morse code at 15k hz"

Something close to that. Besides...how many people(watching via TV speakers) would have heard it?

Joe_H

Screenwriter
There was definitely a high-pitched Morse code in the audio. It started right before the ear thing, when they zoomed in on the phone laying on the table.

Edit: According to a Person of Interest wiki I found on Google, the message is decoded to "SORRY.(...)INCREASED PERSPIRATION. HEART RATE AND BREATHING ELEVATED. INDICATIVE OF FEAR.(...)2 OCLOCK. 2007 ANTERIOR CRUCIATE LIGAMENT TORN. SURGICAL REPAIR PARTIAL SUCCESS. 2010 PHYSICAL THERAPY DISCONTINUED AGAINST DOCTORS ADVICE.(...)8 OCLOCK."

Someone lowered the frequency of the scene as well: http://tranquil---waves.tumblr.com/post/72824639723/i-decided-to-clip-the-parts-of-aletheia-that-had

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks