What's new

Person of Interest Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I was very intrigued by the idea of another Man in a Suit operating in the same city with a completely different agenda. One of this show's greatest strengths is its rogues gallery, and Collier (or whatever his real name is) is an interesting addition.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I agree about Bear, and I thought when I was watching that Bear should have torn him limb from limb for even sneaking up behind Finch, much less clobbering him.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I really enjoyed last night's episode. I know some of you can't stand Root being in the show, but Amy Acker was good last night. Also, Shaw with her lack of social skills with other humans and her bonding with Bear is quite funny.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I'm not abandoning the show, but I think it's a little messy now with these new characters and the machine becoming a turn by turn coach to Root. Too fantastic for me. I liked Zoe being back and they did nothing with her. Last night was ho-hum for me, as is this season so far.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Best "singular scene" episode of this season.

The best scenes...

Shaw being set-up with her Angler..."You look Angry....all the time..."

Roots escape at the end...(you could see the gears cranking in her head like..."And you really thought I was crazier than I really am...")

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Nice to get all of the women in the cast together. I do like that they show that John still has a thing for Zoe. I was wondering if they were going to pair him with Shaw. On a side note. I am surprised Shaw took Bear. I assumed John kept Bear with Finch to protect him.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
With so many people on the payroll now, I kind of miss the old days when it was just John and Harold with occasional assists from Fusco and Carter. The enemy doesn't have a chance with all these expert, dangerous field operatives.

Shaw's discomfort in society is/was entertaining, but they can't milk that joke forever.

At least the producers were wise enough to have Root overtaking the psychiatrist off camera. I still don't see Acker as a badass woman of action.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Matt Hough said:
With so many people on the payroll now, I kind of miss the old days when it was just John and Harold with occasional assists from Fusco and Carter. The enemy doesn't have a chance with all these expert, dangerous field operatives.

Shaw's discomfort in society is/was entertaining, but they can't milk that joke forever.

At least the producers were wise enough to have Root overtaking the psychiatrist off camera. I still don't see Acker as a badass woman of action.
Yeah, but she has that cold-blooded and unfeeling female killer down pat.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Robert Crawford said:
Yeah, but she has that cold-blooded and unfeeling female killer down pat.
I'm sure it's her past roles in Angel and Alias that influence my view, but I have no problems seeing Acker as both badass and cold blooded.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
With so many people on the payroll now, I kind of miss the old days when it was just John and Harold with occasional assists from Fusco and Carter.
It's cool that they've opened up the world of the show by having more characters but I hope that they have some episodes where it's more or less the two of them working together again.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
No comments on the October 15th episode? I liked it but didn't care for the ending. The open ended conclusion had a been there, done that feel to it.

I don't think the show needs Shaw that much and she is getting old.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
stevelecher said:
No comments on the October 15th episode? I liked it but didn't care for the ending. The open ended conclusion had a been there, done that feel to it.

I don't think the show needs Shaw that much and she is getting old.
Then you're really not going to like the October 29th episode when Root and Shaw dominate that show.

I guess I'm alone in liking the team's effort in trying to integrate Shaw from being a lone operative into a team member environment.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Robert Crawford said:
Then you're really not going to like the October 29th episode when Root and Shaw dominate that show.

I guess I'm alone in liking the team's effort in trying to integrate Shaw from being a lone operative into a team member environment.
You aren't alone. I think Shaw adds an element that Reese could never do. Yes they are making "the most" out of how non-feminine she is, but hopefully some of her flair from the other shows she has been(and also currently) on bleeds into this. But...I don't want to watch a "Fairly Legal Shaw" either...(her role as "Eva", if my early knowledge of Road to Paloma is accurate...is this type of "Shaw" I can see this character get to)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I also like Shaw and her uneasy alliance with the unit. Her presence gives Reese slightly less to do each week which doesn't make me thrilled, but I can adjust to it, and her lack of social skills still makes me smile.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I've been very slowly loosing interest in the show this season. I don't think it is Shaw so much as I just feel like the writing hasn't been as effective this season. The tone of the series feels off; it has kind of lost the dark realism that informed seasons one and two and it (to me) feels a little too camp or melodramatic at times this year. It isn't a drastic change as the basic situations are the same, but the execution feels subtly altered and not in a good way.

I've always enjoyed the exploration of the character's back stories and that has been noticeably absent so far this season. I posted in the season 2 thread that expanding the cast would dilute the show and I stand by that assessment. Nothing against Sarah Shahi, she just happens to be the latest addition to a cast that was already getting kind of full.

I liked the ethical issues explored in episode 2 (the strongest of the season to date, IMHO) and the Root content has been very good. The rest not so much. I'm still watching, but the show feels weaker and I really hope the writing and tone of the series return to the level of seasons 1 and 2.

- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Walter Kittel said:
I've been very slowly loosing interest in the show this season. I don't think it is Shaw so much as I just feel like the writing hasn't been as effective this season. The tone of the series feels off; it has kind of lost the dark realism that informed seasons one and two and it (to me) feels a little too camp or melodramatic at times this year. It isn't a drastic change as the basic situations are the same, but the execution feels subtly altered and not in a good way.

I've always enjoyed the exploration of the character's back stories and that has been noticeably absent so far this season. I posted in the season 2 thread that expanding the cast would dilute the show and I stand by that assessment. Nothing against Sarah Shahi, she just happens to be the latest addition to a cast that was already getting kind of full.

I liked the ethical issues explored in episode 2 (the strongest of the season to date, IMHO) and the Root content has been very good. The rest not so much. I'm still watching, but the show feels weaker and I really hope the writing and tone of the series return to the level of seasons 1 and 2.

- Walter.
We will be seeing Shaw's back story as to why she evolved into an operative with a lone wolf persona. Some of her past will be explored in some upcoming episodes. They will also explore Root versus Shaw too.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
We will be seeing Shaw's back story as to why she evolved into an operative with a lone wolf persona. Some of her past will be explored in some upcoming episodes.
I'm sure I'll enjoy that episode. I don't mind the case of the week episodes but the real meat and potatoes of the show, for me, has been the arcs (and sometimes how they tie into the case of the week.)

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks