What's new

Person of Interest Season 3 (2 Viewers)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
sidburyjr said:
I can't wait until Season 2 blu gets really cheap.
Hopefully the season 2 bluray price will have tumbled down to around $25 (or less) by black friday.

Last year around black friday, I picked up the season 1 bluray/dvd combo set for around $25 at Walmart. (Previously, I didn't watch season 1 at all).

I don't know if I'll pick up season 2 bluray set this time around. I have seen every season 2 episode once or twice already over the last year or so. (Several season 2 episodes I've watched three or more times, such as the ones with Root or Shaw).

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Unlike all of you, I found the Root scenes intrusive to the story I was the most interested in: John helping the honorable sailor. But since Amy Acker is now a regular, they've got to find something for her to do each week to earn that salary. I just have no interest in her character and never have.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
A little of her goes a long way. She makes the story too much about the machine. Also, none of our main characters could ever form an alliance with her, could they? She was just too evil before.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
A little of her goes a long way. She makes the story too much about the machine. Also, none of our main characters could ever form an alliance with her, could they? She was just too evil before.
As a computer geek, there can't be "too much about the machine" for me personally.

I would argue that one of the more emotionally resonant themes of the show has to do with redemption -

Redemption of Reese - Harold gave him a purpose after he flamed out due to feelings of guilt and loss.
Redemption of Fusco - A guy who made some bad choices and has a second chance.
Redemption of Samantha Groves (Root) - Well we'll see. It is a longer journey for her no doubt but with enough interaction with The Machine she may yet change her methodology.

- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Walter Kittel said:
As a computer geek, there can't be "too much about the machine" for me personally.

I would argue that one of the more emotionally resonant themes of the show has to do with redemption -

Redemption of Reese - Harold gave him a purpose after he flamed out due to feelings of guilt and loss.
Redemption of Fusco - A guy who made some bad choices and has a second chance.
Redemption of Samantha Groves (Root) - Well we'll see. It is a longer journey for her no doubt but with enough interaction with The Machine she may yet change her methodology.

- Walter.
Redemption for Harold too as originally he didn't want to help people the machine noted were in danger. His late partner was the one that started that task.

Shaw too has a chance at redemption in which instead of just killing folks for the government, she can actually save lifes from bad people.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Forgot to post this earlier - I was disappointed that Shaw's best line was cut from the episode (based upon the previews a few weeks ago).

Early in the episode when Finch chastises Shaw asking her if she always has to resort to violence to achieve her objectives.
Shaw's response is "When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

Not original, but very applicable.

- Walter.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone gone to these palyfests? Can you meet the cast (to possibly get an autograph)?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Intense episode tonight and not too much other than main story. I guess we have a new "enemy" on our hand.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
NeilO said:
Intense episode tonight and not too much other than main story. I guess we have a new "enemy" on our hand.
Yes, they do and I was happy with the final outcome last night as I thought that person was a scumbag.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Second episode was kinda average. Though the new antagonists fighting for privacy, looks interesting.

This new faction sounds like a violent version of Snowden/Assange/Manning.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Wonder if the rookie cop that is partnered with Carter, is a mole/informant for some powerful higher-up.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
jcroy said:
Wonder if the rookie cop that is partnered with Carter, is a mole/informant for some powerful higher-up.
Yes, I think he's a mole, most will assume he's a mole for HR. He probably is, but he could be a mole for Elias.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I also appreciated the resolution of the episode though to think of another big bad out there for them to face when even with an expanded workforce they're having troubles this season doesn't offer a lot of encouragement.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I am somewhat suspicious of Carter's new partner as well. My first assumption was that Alonzo paired him with Carter after his graveside visit, but that may be misdirection.

I always enjoy the episodes that deal with morality and the choices that people make. I particularly liked Finch's rebuttal to Shaw's question regarding whether this particular poi was worth the effort. (And now I'll turn around and invalidate that point by saying that Bear should have done a better job of taking a piece out of the case of the week. :) )

- Walter.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
Yes, I think he's a mole, most will assume he's a mole for HR. He probably is, but he could be a mole for Elias.
Based on very little, I'm thinking he's a red herring mole. Carter (and the audience) will eventually suspect him but she (and we) will be wrong and that'll probably have fatal consequences for him.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Based on very little, I'm thinking he's a red herring mole. Carter (and the audience) will eventually suspect him but she (and we) will be wrong and that'll probably have fatal consequences for him.
That is a good point, but the show essentially did that with Cal Beecher last year; so will they go to that scenario again or put a spin on it? Hard to say, but in any event it gives the viewers something else to consider which adds to the texture of the show, at least for me. I really do enjoy the way the show handles multiple plot lines and how they weave in and out of one another.

- Walter.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Walter Kittel said:
That is a good point, but the show essentially did that with Cal Beecher last year; so will they go to that scenario again or put a spin on it?
You're right, they probably won't go down similar story terrain. It'd be kinda funny if he was just a normal cop with no agenda but the audience spends the rest of the series waiting for him to do something evil. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks