What's new

Person of Interest - season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I thought Annie Parisse was very good last night and hope they bring her back again. I like hot women that are deadly with weapons.

Crawdaddy

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I'm sticking with it because it seems they are leading to a larger finale show piece, but, honestly, I'm not really into it. If it weren't on the DVR when I look for something to watch I'd've forgotten about it completely by now.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ Yeah, that's pretty much my feelings on the show too. It's not bad (Caveziel and Emerson are excellent in their roles and on a technical level, the show is very well produced) but the show hasn't really had any episodes that I've found to be that great. Although that one with Enrico Colantoni a couple weeks back was a very entertaining episode.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
episodes that I've found to be that great
I thought the end of the episode where the woman was planning to kill her sister's rapist was exceptional and I frequently think back, wondering did Reese kill the bastard or not.
This is my favorite show of the new season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The opening scene of last Thursday's episode showcased what a difference actually shooting on location in New York makes. "Castle" shoots LA for NY, and whenever they use a big landmark it's so obviously not the same place as the establishing shot.
One the flip side, when Kohl came up the escalator that was unmistakably Grand Central. And it was unmistakably Grand Central when he went outside. Those sort of details give the show a much bigger feel. It even makes a difference when they're shooting in the outer boroughs, rather than a generic Toronto or Vancouver neighborhood standing in for a generic neighborhood in Queens or the Bronx.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
One new piece of info from the recent episode is that Reese was a tier 1 operator--this certainly explains his combat prowess, as well as his covert skills.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Hugh Jackes said:
I thought the end of the episode where the woman was planning to kill her sister's rapist was exceptional and I frequently think back, wondering did Reese kill the bastard or not.
This is my favorite show of the new season.
That would probably be my choice as the second best episode they've done.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I've spent the last few weeks getting caught up on the show and it has grown on me. The most recent one was pretty cool with the young spy / old spy thing. It's also nice when the Barrett M107 makes an appearance. :)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Yep. I am interested in seeing how 'on board' Carter becomes with Finch and Reese in the upcoming episode; if any at all.
- Walter.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Walter Kittel said:
Yep. I am interested in seeing how 'on board' Carter becomes with Finch and Reese in the upcoming episode; if any at all.
On Thurday's episode,
the machine spits out Detective Carter's SSN.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I hope Reese appears to Carter as "the Bum" instead of the "the Guy in a Suit", so she still won't know what he looks like.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Wow, this is the second show this week that has completely pulled the rug out from under the audience (after "Homeland.") The secrets of Finch's little enterprise are starting to crumble fast. Great hour of television.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It was a monumental surprise where they went in the last five minutes of the show last night, and with the revelation, I fear Person of Interest will now become just another procedural. The anonymous do-gooder who stymied the police made the show interesting for me. I will, of course, look forward to the new episodes in 2012 to see where they are going to take the series, but I have to admit I am concerned. Time will tell.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by MattH. /t/315038/person-of-interest-season-1-thread/90#post_3879812
It was a monumental surprise where they went in the last five minutes of the show last night, and with the revelation, I fear Person of Interest will now become just another procedural. The anonymous do-gooder who stymied the police made the show interesting for me. I will, of course, look forward to the new episodes in 2012 to see where they are going to take the series, but I have to admit I am concerned. Time will tell.
You had to figure Reese's past would come back to haunt him and intercede with his current assignments. By the way, last night's episode had the series most viewers.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
But not even halfway through the first season? Seems like something of a change of direction for me. Can't wait to see where they go with it.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by MattH. /t/315038/person-of-interest-season-1-thread/90#post_3879812
I fear Person of Interest will now become just another procedural
Interesting take. For me, I felt that if anything, the recent episode showcased how this show is *not* just another police procedural.

It's great to watch Nolan explore the dichotomy of the Batman character, while at the same time taking the story in interesting ways.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Josh Dial /t/315038/person-of-interest-season-1-thread/90#post_3880135
Interesting take. For me, I felt that if anything, the recent episode showcased how this show is *not* just another police procedural.
They haven't been up to the point of the end of the episode in question. My fears concern the episodes that are to come. We'll see.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by MattH. /t/315038/person-of-interest-season-1-thread/90#post_3880160
They haven't been up to the point of the end of the episode in question. My fears concern the episodes that are to come. We'll see.
It depends, having Carter on his side would be better than the other detective because she's smarter and at least trustworthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks