What's new

Perry Mason, Season 4 (1 Viewer)

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Lloyd
Yes, I just saw that on TVONDVDS also !
Heres to hoping the price is reasonable ! :laugh: Yeah right !!

I've skipped season 3 so far and am hoping they will come down to about $28.00 for each half season !!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Great news! I know Steve O. will be replying shortly with some joyful praise for CBS/Paramount on this one (and I'll be agreeing with him all the way).

Gary "this wasn't unexpected at all - we knew from the CBS 'Bible' that Season 4 was in the process of being transferred to HD" O.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

I'm still holding out hope on Rawhide until we here something official from CBS. But I'll line up alternate Sources just in case.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Great news! Not a surprise as Gary said, but still nice to get official confirmation. Another season of homemade VHS tapes I can get rid of also
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
Agree that the release pattern is excrutiating slow, but if that's what it takes to get them out from a profit perspective, I can understand.

Steve "Hope Rawhide fans get good news soon also" O

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Fantastic! This is the ONLY title that gets unwrapped and played as soon as I get it home. Can't tell you how many other titles are still shrink-wrapped on my shelves...bet I am getting better at it!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Unfortunately, I don't think that one will be coming any time soon. :frowning:

Gary "but I love Perry Mason so this really is wonderful news regardless of other series and their individual statuses" O.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
The Perry Mason news is bittersweet, given the lack of news on Rawhide. I really wanted to see Rawhide Season 4, Volume 1 this year.. Hopefully some day.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fabulous news!

They cannot release these fast enough as far as I am concerned.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
This latest volume is now up for pre-order at all the major e-tailers (Amazon, B&N, DD) and unfortunately it's got that hefty $49.99 MSRP on it, making even the most generous of discounts no more than $34.99 (Amazon.com has that price, the lowest of the bunch). That's pretty steep and I hope someone will offer it for less than $30 by the time it hits the streets. If not, I may have to wait for a decent sale. As much as I love this series, I cringe at the thought of paying, on average, $70 for one season of any show. And I'd say the same thing even if RAWHIDE or THE FUGITIVE were priced like that.

Gary "for some reason PM is the one show that CBS/Paramount has consistently been pricing really high for the split season sets" O.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
PM is my "grail" show so I am willing to be gouged on this but I absolutely agree that the price point is insane. This was especially so with S3 which, at 26 episodes, was the shortest season of the entire run.

I'd be willing to cut CBS/P some slack if it turns out that the restorations (which are superb) and music clearances (no cuts in these shows) are costly enough to drive the price up.

I just hope that, in these challenging times, the price doesn't drive consumers away and cause the series to be stalled. I want the whole series, but I really want to at least get through the first 7 seasons (all the Ray Collins episodes). (Plus Mrs. Steve O wants all the PM VHS tapes gone
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Steve, I completely understand. I know this is your holiest of holy grail shows, and it's right up there on my list as well. And I don't want to have to wait for a sale because I know those initial pre-orders are huge in helping the studios determine whether or not to go forward. I just hate that price point. It's tough for me to understand why they keep the starting point at $49.99 instead of $39.99, like most of the other split-season classics they are offering.

Gary "I certainly want everything up through Season 7, at a minimum, as well Steve" O.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
OTOH, since it's released in June, it will be in time for the sale that dare not mention its name. ;)

haroldS

Stunt Coordinator
I notice that Perry Mason, Season Four, Part Two, has been announced and the list price reduced (there appears to be only three DVDs). It's already listed at B & N and there will be 15% off coupons this coming weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks