What's new

Perry Mason - Season 1, Vol. 2 announced!! (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
We get volume 2 on November 21st. News, as usual, is courtesy of Gord Lacey.

Gary "great news" O.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Great news- obviously the big sales of Volume 1 certainly helped! It won't be long 'til the second season- and I hope it's not split, I'd gladly pay the extra bucks.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I burned through the 19 episodes so fast. Id buy a set a month if they released them that fast.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Your Honor, the Defense will stipulate as to the fact that a release date of Tue, 21 November, Two Thousand Six is germane to these proceedings and is acceptable with my client. Furthermore, the Defense will enter Petition #09201958 requesting that Season 2 be combined into a single box set. :D
(obviously, I'm a big PM fan. The "Petition" # is the airdate of the 1st Ep from S2)

Jeff "
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
'ing about S2 announcement" W (borrowed Sig format from Gary O)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks to Gord for breaking the news and to Gary to telling us about it.

Like the others, I've been anxiously awaiting this after burning through Vol 1 in a few days.

Hopefully S2 and beyond won't be split. The seasons are substantially shorter (26 to 30 episodes apiece).

Steve "CBS/Paramount's fast-tracking this series is a great thing" O

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
The DDD Nov. 20% sale ends 11/18/06 so with a 11/21 release, the PERRY MASON combo pack of S1, or S1 Vol.2 alone are not part of the sale. (Even though S1 Vol.2 is 'in the building' and has been shipped out yesterday for release date arrival).

WarrenL

Stunt Coordinator
Here's another soul who ripped through season one:vol 1 over and over again! Perry Mason is awesome and I can't wait for volume 2...38 Perry's!! does it get any better?!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

I'm with you on this one :) It'll get better once we see that they intend to release further seasons. Otherwise, the studio's "imcompetent, irrevelant, and immaterial, and this poster is not germaine to this forum." :D

WarrenL

Stunt Coordinator
Yes! further seasons "have my mark" on them if the studios don't turn this into a "sideshow" that they are well noted for.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Great line Jeff :) Good news is that a little birdie told me that additional releases are indeed planned for 2007.

I have no objection.

Steve "Anxiously waiting my S1 V2 copy from Lasers Edge" O

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I was wondering if they colorized these as from what I remember the first few seasons were all in black and white. Is this the way that this set is coming out or are they all in color?

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Perry Mason was black and white its entire run Parker. The only exception was 1 episode shot in color during its later years. It was an experiment that really didnt add a thing to the show, except of course color. The episode was not one of the shows best.

WarrenL

Stunt Coordinator
Season one vol 1 is in black and white. I remember seeing the colorized story and I'm glad only one was done that way as it took something away from the "feeling" of the show.

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Not much to say after watching two episodes from Vol.2, they look good but at times the theme song can sound a bit grating, otherwise , more courtroom drama. It would have been nice to keep the two volumes looking the same - this one is an orange/brown as opposed to the blue on Vol. 1 - mind you, one can more easily identify them. I love nitpicking. And you get 20 episodes vs 19 from Vol.1, now that's a bargain!

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Well, the deepdiscount 20% off sale has been extended to 11/23, so, on 11/21, you should be able to order Perry Mason S1-Vol.2 for $29.05 or S1 complete for $51.69.

Was the single Perry Mason color episode, broadcast in color during the original CBS run? I have never seen it. I see it's listed as episode #262 of 271 shows. I thought I read somewhere, that the color show was the last one filmed and that Raymond Burr thought the extra lighting for color was too hot and uncomfortable for him and that was why he did not want to continue for another season. (CBS (and ABC), I think, went full color in prime time for the 1966-67 season, so black and white was no longer an option for Perry Mason.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks