Periodically losing even number transponders

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by brandon kylee, Mar 24, 2003.

1. brandon kylee

brandon kylee Auditioning

I have a 3 LNB oval dish for about two months now and it’s been working fine until recently. Now quite frequently, I would lose the signal from all the even number transponders on satellite 101. The signal from all the transponders on satellite 119 and 110 comes in fine.

Since this problem occurs with all the TV’s that are hook up to this dish, the problem is definitely not the STB’s. Could this be a problem with one of the LNB’s, or could this be a wiring or maybe a connection problem? Has anyone experience this same problem?

Thanks

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    What type of multi-dish do you have? Older model with the switch mounted on the back? Older model with the switch mounted inside the LNB arm? Newer 18"x20" model? If it is the first dish, I would say that you have a connection problem between the 101 LNB and the switch. Poorly sealed connections can corrode or allow water to leak in and that will prevent the DC voltage from reaching the LNB. If it is the second, you may still have a water problem but it is more likely an LNB that is going bad. If it is the third dish then it is definitely an LNB since the multi-switch/LNB connections are sealed inside a plastic housing.

-Robert

3. brandon kylee

brandon kylee Auditioning

Thanks Robert. It is the Terk TRKAU2 model according to the box and it appears that this has been replaced by the Terk TRKS25 model.

Well, it looks like a new dish is in order.