What's new

Perhaps you watch a little too much classic TV when... (1 Viewer)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
...you are scheduled for an MRI and all you can think of is this:

hqdefault.jpg

I am happy to report I am, obviously, alive and doing well!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
The day that I knew I watch too much Classic TV was the day that I caught myself singing the theme song to Daniel Boone out loud and in broad daylight in the middle of my neighborhood bank...the older folk were somewhat horrified and expressed pity...and the young people behind the counter looked as though they were looking for a net to throw over me...but I am unashamed!

"Daniel Boone, Daniel Boone!
What a do'er, what a dream come a' truer was he!
From the coonskin cap on the top of old Dan to the heal of his rawhide shoe...
The rippinist, roaringist, fightingist man the frontier ever knew!
...oh, Daniel Boone was a Man, yes, a Big Man!...
With an eye like an eagle and as tall as a mountain was he!
And he fought for America to make all Americans Free!...
Daniel Boone was a do'er, what a dream come a' truer was he!
Daniel Boone, Daniel Boone!"

If I'm allowed to, I follow this up with Ed Ames hits "Try to Remember", "My Cup Runneth Over", and to close the show, "The Ballad of the War Wagon" from the John Wayne and Kirk Douglas movie...I guess I need to be medicated, ha, ha...

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
The day that I knew I watch too much Classic TV was the day that I caught myself singing the theme song to Daniel Boone out loud and in broad daylight in the middle of my neighborhood bank...the older folk were somewhat horrified and expressed pity...and the young people behind the counter looked as though they were looking for a net to throw over me...but I am unashamed!

If I'm allowed to, I follow this up with Ed Ames hits "Try to Remember", "My Cup Runneth Over", and to close the show, "The Ballad of the War Wagon" from the John Wayne and Kirk Douglas movie...I guess I need to be medicated, ha, ha...
When I was on my Daniel Boone kick a couple of weeks ago, I was going around the house singing the theme. Not to worry, though. My mother lives with me and is the one who got me hooked on it in reruns as a kid. She was in here watching it!

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel

I sometimes belt out the theme songs to Lawman or Rawhide...but usually only around the house. ;)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie

That theme song comes into my head at least once every 6 months or so and has since I first saw the show on September 24th, 1964! Had I been there I'd have joined in! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mat1
Recent bookmarks