perhaps the weirdest DVD review ever...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by soop.spoon, Feb 20, 2004.

1. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Jack, the "reviewer's" comments about The Wind and the Lion are rife with no-no topics here at HTF. So, any of you wanting to comment on the person's review, please limit the discussion to his ineptitude.

3. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

You know, I really didn't learn much about the film from this review, which is the first sign of his ineptitude. When I read a DVD review especially one that is of something I haven't seen yet, I'm hoping to read something that might suggest to me whether or not the movie is worth seeing or not, and this is typically done by telling me about the film itself.

While I'm not the biggest fan of the snapper case, Warner has done a good job with a lot of its releases whether their 2 discs sets, or if they're found in a snapper case. I don't really wish to read editorial comments about snappers in a review, tell me about the disc in te package first and foremost, but the snapper is pretty common so its not like a new kind of horrible packaging has been introduced, in which case a little description would've been useful.

Lets just say that there is a reason that review is on a geocities site.

4. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

Let me just say he made his point badly. He could still have spoken the truth, but with more tact. Weird review indeed.

5. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

If anyone's interested in the fascinating email exchange going on between the author and myself, please PM me.

I will speak of no specifics here out of respect for the Forum rules.