Perhaps an easy question to answer? (hooking up a HT)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan_Sa, Dec 28, 2002.

1. Ryan_Sa

Ryan_Sa Auditioning

I have been reading throughout this forum wanting to find a way with my problem. I have a Toshiba 50hdx82, an Onkyo 650, and a Panasonic DVD-CP72. I connected my dvd player to the receiver using an optical cable and used a Component to connect the DVD to the TV (I know I should be using svideos for less remote controls, I will get to that later).

Now, my problem is this. I don't want to connect my cable through the VCR since I lose reception if I do so, plus I don't really use the VCR anymore. So, the cable is connected directly to the TV which is set to "ant 1". Since there is no setting for "ant 1" on the receiver, I need to move it to "video 1". Is there some kind of a device to split the cable so it because a video, and audio cables (yellow, red, white). Or is there another way to have my onkyo system be used to hear the sounds from my TV?

Speaking of remote controls, can anyone suggest a remote thats under $150 that would be perfect for my setup?

Thanks.

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

3. Ryan_Sa

Ryan_Sa Auditioning

Thanks. [​IMG] I knew I was missing something with my setuo, the "audio outs" was it. I ran the audio outs from the TV to the receiver on "video 1", set the receiver on video one and worked perfectly.
    On to the remote(s). What would be a good remote thats under $150-200?

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I've used the MX-700 by Universal Remote for a year or so now and still like it. But I'm sure there are newer models worth considering.

M.

5. Eric_R_C

Eric_R_C Second Unit

Now that I know the Sony AV-3000 will control 2 tvs, it will be mine. 18 devices!!! It can be had for $79-$150 bucks. (I know someone who got it for $79. He's sending me the web address.)

6. Ryan_Sa

Ryan_Sa Auditioning

Could you send it to me as well?