Perfect (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Well...Thank God!
SOMEBODY out there likes us! You like us! :)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Henry- and it should continue to get better. pArker will be watching the levels of traffic in each area and attempting to tailor the board to best split the traffic.

It should get even more streamlined over the next few weeks.

-V

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
I too very much enjoy the subdivisions of the hardware area. It makes it much more enjoyable, as you don't have to weed through threads that you may have no interest in just to find one thread on separates, or interconnects, or what have you.
Keep up the good work. Eventually, people will get used to it. You know what they say about people and change?:)

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
I lke this newer version! I prefer all the subdivisions to be on the main "root" page, rather than having to go down one branch then back to the root and down another branch.

I do like the basics and buiding/DIY areas being separate too.

Only comment I would make is that perhaps the Video Presentation Area should be below the Hardware area, that way all the hardware is in one area, and the software in another area below?

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Only comment I would make is that perhaps the Video Presentation Area should be below the Hardware area, that way all the hardware is in one area, and the software in another area below?
Working on that- deciding which areas will be combined and which will remain- and then it will be moved into a spot for navigation.

-V

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
Time for me to chime in on the redesign.

I like it.... a lot. I'm relatively new to the whole HT experience, slowly building my equipment, software library and my home theater. I read more than I post, and now find it easier to find information.

The breakdowns make it easier for me to find information on what I need at the time, without the messaging scrolling off so quickly.

Thanks again, not only on the redesign, but making such an excellent resource available with the hard work and dedication.

~Kurt

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
The breakdowns make it easier for me to find information on what I need at the time, without the messaging scrolling off so quickly.

Thanks again, not only on the redesign, but making such an excellent resource available with the hard work and dedication.
Kurt,

Thanks for the kind words.

Really, to me, it comes down to striking a balance between big areas with waaaaaay too much traffic and breaking it up into a million tiny subgroups that will have little interest. These are the two extremes, and we're trying to fall somewhere in the middle.

Right now we're working to figure out how to best keep subcategories, without creating niche graveyards that end up actually hurting the involvement on a specific topic.

It's a tightrope, that for sure- but we appreciate everyone's support.

-Vince

CameronS

Supporting Actor
I must admit, I wasn't too thrilled with the breakdown that existed several days ago (Projection TVs, Direct-View, etc). It was too segregated.
But, as of now, I can't think of a better way to seperate the various forums.
Good Job! I love it! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
You have no idea how hard Ron, Vince, Parker, and Patrick worked on this. Man, just sitting on the sidelines I grew weary. But this fifth wheel is really, really happy with how it's shaping up. It's rather fun to navigate the Forum.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Felix,

Both you and Vince Maskeeper should be proud.

You both were the main contributors to the

way the forum has been broken up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks