Perfect Strangers

John*Wells

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
I was able to Pre Order Season 6 Yesterday. However, the option is not there now. Not sure if Amazon jumped the gun and Posted info before Warner was ready to

John*Wells

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
The Season 6 release date is Dec 4 2018 and Warner Archive doesn't have it on their website for Preorder ..No announcement on Twitter ..Is this unusual?

JQuintana

Banned
BANNED
Real Name
Me
Just saw that Hulu has all seasons of this and other 90's ABC shows available to stream. I discovered this while we were trying to decide what to binge watch. My youngest opted for Boy Meets World. LOL

tlc38tlc38

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Trent
The Season 6 release date is Dec 4 2018 and Warner Archive doesn't have it on their website for Preorder ..No announcement on Twitter ..Is this unusual?
Actually, it is unusual. With all titles I’ve ordered from them, WBShop.com has always had the dvd listed about a month ahead of time to allow for preorders.

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
Reactions: bmasters9

bmasters9

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Deepdiscount no longer has it listed either. Amazon took theirs down as well. The best place to get it is at WBshop. Amazon and everywhere else releases it on DVD-R while WBshop has pressed DVDs.
Why is WBShop more professional-- is it because it's direct from the studio?

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
Why is WBShop more professional-- is it because it's direct from the studio?
I am assuming that is why. I made the mistake one time in buying Growing Pains from Amazon and the PQ was horrible because the DVDs were DVD-R and not pressed. I tried to save money since it was cheaper on Amazon.

bmasters9

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I am assuming that is why. I made the mistake one time in buying Growing Pains from Amazon and the PQ was horrible because the DVDs were DVD-R and not pressed. I tried to save money since it was cheaper on Amazon.
Then WBShop is where you need to get 'em if you want 'em done right!

rmw650

Second Unit
Real Name
Richard W
Last edited:

bmasters9

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
PS, Oldies.com really gets you bad on the shipping side of things despite the cheaper cost of the set, almost seven bucks plus the sales tax as well.
I never thought that site would be so expensive for shipping!

bmasters9

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
and Until now, I never knew there was a difference between Amazon and ordering from warner archive
Said difference being that Amazon sells burned, and the studio sells pressed, among other things?

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Oldies and DeepDiscount will also sell the pressed versions if WAC has them.

For me, ordering PS S6 from Oldies, as a single item, would still be around $3.00 cheaper than DeepDiscount, even with the postage.

I am just trying to be informative, as I don't really buy that much comedy. The dramas are funny enough for me.

But for you WAC comedy buyers, if you have bought the previous PERFECT STRANGERS, released by the Warner Archives, S3,S4,S5, from, WBSHOP or Oldies or DEEPDISCOUNT have they been pressed?

I am curious because the last two recent MGM shows released by WAC have been DVD-R only, from everyone, including WBSHOP. So I am wondering if WAC is still pressing the direct WB owned shows?

Last edited:

John*Wells

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Season 6 has been announced officially for Dec 4 2018 Per the update from Tvshows on DVD Facebook page .. Next I would expect Season 7 and 8 to be released in a combined Set. Hopefully first Quarter 2019

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kitchenknives