What's new

Perfect Strangers (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Real Name
John
I know Warner has said the remaining Seasons will be released. However, I have almost finished rewatching the Series on Hulu. It appears to me that Hulu is running Episodes that have syndication Commercial cuts in them. Is That in fact True? Will Warner be releasing a Print of the First Run Masters?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes, the later seasons are showing 23 to 24 minutes

Then I think they're complete. Unless there were music edits or something. And even then, the times are running right.

Actually, I dug this thread up because... is it my imagination and tired old eyes playing tricks on me, or are these episodes available in HD?

Of all the series I expected to one day see remastered in HD, Perfect Strangers was not one of them.

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
Then I think they're complete. Unless there were music edits or something. And even then, the times are running right.

Actually, I dug this thread up because... is it my imagination and tired old eyes playing tricks on me, or are these episodes available in HD?

Of all the series I expected to one day see remastered in HD, Perfect Strangers was not one of them.

Family Matters is also available in HD, at least on iTunes.

And yes, Warner Archive still has plans to release the series, but they're being super slow, as per usual.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
I had heard they were supposed to be coming out with this show on their Archives division but no sign of it as of this writing.

John*Wells

Premium
Real Name
John
I had heard they were supposed to be coming out with this show on their Archives division but no sign of it as of this writing.

I wonder if they will re release Season 1 and 2 . Or, if they will just pick up with Season 3 and go from there

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I wonder if they will re release Season 1 and 2 . Or, if they will just pick up with Season 3 and go from there

The season 1 and 2 set is still cheap and easy to find unlike, say, the Mayberry RFD season 1 set which was released through the archives. So there wouldn't really be a reason to rerelease it at this time.

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan

They answered a Perfect Strangers question on Twitter a week or two ago. They said that it's still coming.

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
If they do those releases like the Family Matters ones, we might see the series released in its entirety by this time next year. I for one am really excited, because I absolutely LOVE this show.

John*Wells

Premium
Real Name
John
I got my Season 3 releases from Amazon yesterday .. The only complaint I have is that there are isn't any bonus material

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Season 4 rumors and box art already.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Perfect-Strangers-Season-4/24150

No official word or date yet, though.

And seeing this news made me wonder... are there only 3 sets left after season 4?

Season 8 was six episodes, just like season 1. Surely they'll just combine seasons 7 and 8 to finish it off the way 1 and 2 were a single box set, right?

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
Season 4 rumors and box art already.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Perfect-Strangers-Season-4/24150

No official word or date yet, though.

And seeing this news made me wonder... are there only 3 sets left after season 4?

Season 8 was six episodes, just like season 1. Surely they'll just combine seasons 7 and 8 to finish it off the way 1 and 2 were a single box set, right?

Yeah, I don't think that they'll make a separate release for season 8. They'll just bundle it together with season 7, like they did seasons 1 & 2.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Here is that cover art for Season 4 and when and if I find out the official release date, I'll be sure to post it on here for all of you...

PerfectStrangers_S4.jpg

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Yeah, I don't think that they'll make a separate release for season 8. They'll just bundle it together with season 7, like they did seasons 1 & 2.

Then why wasn't the same thing done w/Three's Company (first two seasons not combined, being that the first go in 1977 was only six shows)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yacubjkc
Recent bookmarks