What's new

PERFECT STRANGERS DVD SEASONS 7 & 8 Let's Petition Wbshop.com to Expedite the Release!! (1 Viewer)

"PERFECT STRANGERS Dvd" WHO WANTS WB TO EXPEDITE THE RELEASE OF SEASONS 7 & 8????

• They will most likely release both seasons in a bundle like seasons 1 & 2

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Reason being because season 7 (like season 2) contains between 24 to 26 episodes & 8 contains 6

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Zach Arnold

Auditioning
Real Name
Zachary
I did personally contact Warner Brothers Archives last month inquiring on a ballpark release date for seasons 7 & 8 and they told me that as of yet there is no set date! The representative does encourage the public to check with them personally and they will give you a personal account number to inquire with!

MY GOAL IS TO ROUND UP PEOPLE FROM THIS CHAT FORUM TO GET AS MANY OF US AS WE CAN PLUS OUR OTHER PERFECT STRANGERS FAN FRIENDS TO PERSONALLY EMAIL WBSHOP.COM & PETITION THEM TO GET THE BALL ROLLING TO EXPEDITE THE RELEASE OF SEASONS 7 & 8!!!!
COME ON COUSINS! DON'T BE REDIKOLUS!! LET'S BAN TOGETHER! WE CAN FIGHT! WE CAN WIN!!

Zach Arnold

Auditioning
Real Name
Zachary
Barry,
Thanks for correcting me on the title thread. I just signed up for this so I'm just learning the ropes. I know they're on hulu however I don't use hulu because I don't have internet or wifi unfortunately and I already own seasons 1 - 6 but am anxiously awaiting 7 & 8! I'm trying to ban dedicated fans together so we may try to persuade wb to release the remainder of the series. After all it's only 2 more seasons

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I emailed them a few weeks ago. About perfect strangers and also Mayberry RFD. Got a response basically stating they had no information on that at this time

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Barry,
Thanks for correcting me on the title thread. I just signed up for this so I'm just learning the ropes. I know they're on hulu however I don't use hulu because I don't have internet or wifi unfortunately and I already own seasons 1 - 6 but am anxiously awaiting 7 & 8! I'm trying to ban dedicated fans together so we may try to persuade wb to release the remainder of the series. After all it's only 2 more seasons

Zach,

I also e-mailed them on Facebook and they informed me it will happen and it will be out soon, but they did not indicate an exact date for its release and I figure this will get released in the same exact format and way as seasons 1 & 2 did way back when, due to the shortness of Season 8 having just the 6 episodes.

kitt1987

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
These are also available to purchase on Amazon digitally in HD and I have to attest they look great. I don't own the DVD sets nor would I want to after watching the digital versions.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
I don't have any inside information on this whatsoever, but as a big Perfect Strangers fan who was extremely happy that they started releasing S03-S06 on DVD in 2018/2019 (after a ten-year gap between the S01-S02 DVD release), I am confident that S07-S08 will come out at some point in the near future, hopefully sometime this year.

It doesn't make any sense that they would bother to start up the DVD releases again (after a 10-year hiatus) and release Seasons 3-6 - and then just stop there. The fact that they haven't announced the S07-S08 release dates yet is maybe because they don't want to release the seasons too close together - in order to increase possible sales. Remember, S06 just came out in February 2019 - so, less than two months ago. I would think that as we get closer to the summer?!, we may see some more info. on this.

Last edited:

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
This was at the bottom of the WB Archive's e-mail yesterday. Should make fans in this thread very happy:

WHAT'S COMING TO WARNER ARCHIVE NEXT MONTH?
Pre-Order Blu-rays: The Prisoner of Second Avenue, Shaft's Big Score, Shaft in Africa, The Golden Arrow, A Patch Of Blue

Pre-Order DVDs: Gangway for Tomorrow, Lady Scarface, Let's Make Music, Unexpected Uncle, What a Blonde, The Gorilla Man, South of Suez, Three Cheers for the Irish, Detention: The Complete Series, Espionage, Beauty for Sale, Sinner Take All, Perfect Strangers: The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons, Girl of the Port, Gridiron Flash, Make Way for a Lady, The Man Who Found Himself, The Golden Arrow

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Great news - just as I suspected; this news is coming out around the time I thought I would. Looks like S07-S08 of PS will be released before the end of 2019 - hopefully.

Now I just have to start watching the S04 DVD set - I'm way behind on these.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
So excited to finally see the completion of PS on DVD and will order this as soon as it becomes available and we can add that to the completed series listings. Now get Empty Nest out (whomever owns the rights to it) and I'll be happy and content!

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
And guys and gals, the cover art for the final seasons are out and here is the link and said cover art and we can now call this series officially completed and done...https://www.wbshop.com/products/perfect-strangers-the-complete-seventh-and-eighth-seasons-mod

1000740422_2028x2048@2x.jpg

Coming out on May 28, 2019 and yep, I'm a pre-ordering this as we do the dance of joy!

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Great news. Thanks for the confirmation & pic. S07-S08 of PS is being released a lot sooner than I thought. S06 just came out in February, and they're already finishing up the series with S07-08 in May - Wow. What's also interesting is that I didn't know S07 & S08 would be released at once. I half-expected that S07 would be released in the Summer, and that S08 would be released in the Fall. I'm not complaining, however - LOL.

In any case, great that they're finally finishing out the series in 2018-2019. Though, this didn't really make up for the 10-year gap between S01-S02 being released in 2008 to S03-on being released 10 years later - ha ha.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
And guys and gals, the cover art for the final seasons are out and here is the link and said cover art and we can now call this series officially completed and done...https://www.wbshop.com/products/perfect-strangers-the-complete-seventh-and-eighth-seasons-mod

1000740422_2028x2048@2x.jpg

Coming out on May 28, 2019 and yep, I'm a pre-ordering this as we do the dance of joy!

I'm glad it's being completed!

BTW, I think this is the first time I've heard of where not only the front of a show is two seasons combined (short first, longer second), but the back is too (long penultimate, short last).

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I am Glad it is coming and Completed successfully. Especially Given the 10 year gap in releases between season 1 and 2 and season 3

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Great news. Thanks for the confirmation & pic. S07-S08 of PS is being released a lot sooner than I thought. S06 just came out in February, and they're already finishing up the series with S07-08 in May - Wow. What's also interesting is that I didn't know S07 & S08 would be released at once. I half-expected that S07 would be released in the Summer, and that S08 would be released in the Fall. I'm not complaining, however - LOL.

In any case, great that they're finally finishing out the series in 2018-2019. Though, this didn't really make up for the 10-year gap between S01-S02 being released in 2008 to S03-on being released 10 years later - ha ha.

Jim, I think the reason they did it this way is just like with Season 1 & 2, where the first season was short and the second was the first full season of the show and not wanting to waste extra disc space of some sorts, hence they figured this thinking as well since Seasons 7 & 8 are almost the same but in reverse order with S7 being the longer and S8 being the shorter, they figured why not kill two birds with one stone and hence you have this type of release.

I'm just happy it's coming out, it's getting finished but waiting to buy it off on Amazon, so i can then order this for my friend and be done with it.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Jim, I think the reason they did it this way is just like with Season 1 & 2, where the first season was short and the second was the first full season of the show and not wanting to waste extra disc space of some sorts, hence they figured this thinking as well since Seasons 7 & 8 are almost the same but in reverse order with S7 being the longer and S8 being the shorter, they figured why not kill two birds with one stone and hence you have this type of release.

Makes sense. I definitely prefer this practice; i.e., releasing two seasons in one set. You're ultimately spending less $ that way, and you also don't to wait for the next season release - since it's a twofer.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Makes sense. I definitely prefer this practice; i.e., releasing two seasons in one set. You're ultimately spending less $ that way, and you also don't to wait for the next season release - since it's a twofer.

And at the same time, it's just 6 episodes so not even worth putting that on a separate release but more suitable as part of a combined season set to save space and avoiding the extra work for the Archives.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks