What's new

perfect storm audio problem on blu ray (1 Viewer)

carpenterfan

Agent
Real Name
briane ivanitski
Hi guys quick question here. I bought the perfect storm on blu ray and could not access the Dolby true HD track for some reason. The words Dolby true HD kept blinking on my receiver . So i had to end up listening to the regular dolby 5.1. Has anyone else had this problem? I am going to take the disc back to Best Buy and Have them try it there to see if it connects on one of their receivers. I had a problem a while back ago trying to access a DTS track on Interview with the Vampire which is warners as well.thanks guys.

carpenterfan

Agent
Real Name
briane ivanitski
Panasonice BD-30 PLAYER AND ONKYO 605. THIS IS REALLY THE FIRST DISC I HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH AS FAR AS AUDIO GOES. I HAVE 50 BLU RAY DISCS AND I WILL TELL YOU THE PLAYER AND RECEIVER ARE JUST AWESOME, ABSOLUTELY AWESOME.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Well, first things first.

- Make sure you have the latest firmware for the Panasonic. It should be 2.2.

- I have heard that some models of the Onkyo 605 have some firmware issues as well, though I don't know what exactly. You may want to inquire about that through their customer service.

- I'm assuming your audio is connected via HDMI from the player to the receiver. Is that correct?

carpenterfan

Agent
Real Name
briane ivanitski
YES I AM CONNECTED HDMI. THE LAST FIRMWARE UPDATE WAS AT 1.6. THAT WHAT I HAVE NOW. I SPOKE TO PANASONIC ABOUT THE FIRMWARE UPDATES IF I NEEDED ANY AND THEY SAID THE UPDATES NOW ARE JUST MAINLY FOR BEING CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET. MAYBE I SHOULD CALL THEM AGAIN AND ASK. I JUST HAD A RECENT FIRMWARE UPDATE ON MY ONKYO FOR THE DTS POP SOUND. BUT WHY ALL OF A SUDDEN THIS CERTAIN DISC DOESN'T PLAY?

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway

carpenterfan

Agent
Real Name
briane ivanitski
Hey Brandon. thanks for all your help. I called Panasonic and they are mailing me the disc for 2.2. I called onkyo and there are no recent firmware updates for the 605. I think it's just this particular disc that the receiver won't recognize to play.who knows . I am going to exchange the disc and get a new one and see what happens.thanks again for your help.NOTE: PANASONIC DID SAY FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE HAVING AUDIO DROPOUTS SHOULD UPDATE TO 2.2. I HAVEN'T HAD ANY AUDIO DROPOUTS, BUT I AM GOING TO UPDATE THE FIRMWARE ANY WAY JUST SO I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Briane:

Welcome to the forum! :emoji_thumbsup:

Keep us informed as to how things work out!

What Jari is having a little fun about your use of the SHIFT key on your keyboard. It seems like you are trying to use upper/lower case letters in your posts--which is preferred here at the HTF...but it seems to sometimes get "stuck!" :D

Anyway, hope you like the place and stick around. There are lots of good people and lots of great information here. Are you a fan of Richard & Karen Carpenter?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

carpenterfan

Agent
Real Name
briane ivanitski
Thanks guys for all your input. I will let you guys know how it turns out with this stupid disc. I am a John Carpenter fan and yes as a matter of fact i also do like Karen Carpenter as well. Beautiful voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks