What's new

Perfect Dark for Gamecube - NOT! (1 Viewer)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Just read on IGN that due to internal conflicts, Perfect Dark Zero might not happen until 2004. This pisses me off as this was the main reason I went with the Cube rather than the XBox.

Hopefully someone will fill the void with a truly addictive FPS.

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
This is pretty much par for the course for Rare. It seemed like the first Perfect Dark took forever to come out. Ditto Conker. Of course, the flip side of this is that this is why their games are so great...they focus on making a great product rather than pumping out titles as quickly as possible.

I just hope that we still see Dinosaur Planet from them in the next few months. I've been waiting for that one since it was announced for the N64!

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Wasnt nuts over Perfect Dark, though I was hoping for a cube update sooner than 2004. Shame.... I hope progression on Donkey Kong racing is still going to schedule.

Dan (UK)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Pretty much every game from Rare that I have is a great one, even the SNES ones. If they can make games as great as they do, they should be allowed to miss the release dates.

I wonder why people are looking for so much from PD0 when we have seen nothing from it. The closest thing would be a 3 second shot of Joanna Dark from SpaceWorld 2000, and that was just a quick demo of the GCN's power and not even a real game shot.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
'even the SNES ones'? Its not your fault Morgan, you weren't gaming at the time, but you can go back to Jetpack and Pssst! and still find great games from Rare. They've always been great, apart from late Ultimate when they weren't really themselves anyway.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I agree that Rare tends to use any delay to make a better game. And I appreciate their policy of better to delay than to release an inferior product. However, I think they missed the boat by not having any product at launch, or in the first 2 quarters of the cube's lifecycle.

I need new games!

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Rare just can't seem to work on multiple games at the same time. They seem to know their limitations well and don't want to add staff.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
It's a shame when you think about it... Perfect Dark on the Cube could fix those pesky frame-rate problems that plagued some of Rare's quality titles. I admire Rare because they're perfectionists in many ways (just the sheer amount of playability in both Conker and Perfect Dark is testament to that), but the frame rate issue is hard to ignore.
Inflammatory statement: "Perfect Dark Zero: A Halo-Killer?"
:D
And a game like Rare's Jet Force Gemini... I actually consider that game's frame rate (hovering between 5-20 fps) to be the persistant antagonist as opposed to the actual polygonal baddies.
Joseph

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They have framerate issues, but the way I see it, thats from working on inferior hardware. They always try to make games that are new and wonderful, but its kinda hard to pull off what they're trying on the N64. Look at what they've done in less than a year to Dinosaur Planet!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks