What's new

Perfect Blue (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I was recently thinking about buying this movie but then I thought I heard that a rerelease was in order. A 10th year edition or something like that? Does anyone know? Whats the current release like?
Thanks

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
The 1997 film has poor black levels (not uncommon from Manga Video). Non-anamorphic.

The picture shows occasional pixelization, most due to the high black levels.

I've seen worse in this genre, but they could certainly do better. Where did you hear of the re-release? Will Manga be doing it?

If it's a 10th Anniv edition, there's still a ways to go...

-Scott

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Hmmm...
There is an anamorphic dts version, because a clip from it was used in the dts Experience demo LaserDisc, one of the few LDs to have anamorphic material.
They should have used it before. :) But that's Manga for you, they screw up anything they get their hands on, a common complaint in the Advanced Anime Discussion thread.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
The film was remastered in Japan, and there is a Korean disc that I believe may be a port of that title.

I have the original R1 and recently bought the Korean, which I compared to the R1. The R1 has punched up contrast and the Korean offers a smoother anamorphic picture, which to my eyes was much nicer. It comes in a keepcase with a slipcover.

Unfortunately as usual the extras are not subtitled in english. However, if you like this film, the Korean is well worth picking up. I got mine here...

http://www.dvdasian.com/cgi-bin/dvda...ml?id=AJjma5sA

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mat1
Recent bookmarks