Pepper Dennis

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Inspector Hammer!, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Did anyone catch this? It wasn't that bad at all, it could have been worse, anyway.

Rebecca Romijin did a decent job, which is needless to say a far cry from her most memorable role as 'Mystique' in the X-Men films, she handled the quirkiness, comedy and insecurities of this character very well IMO.

Overall, not a bad pilot, although if I had to complain about anything it would be that the show doesn't necessarily need an hour, it could work just as well in 30 minutes, I think, but that's a minor quibble on my part.

I'll keep watching. [​IMG]

2. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    I saw about 5 minutes of it maybe 2/3 of the way through. Every line of dialogue was so hackneyed and cliched, I couldn't stop giggling. I don't think there was a single line that I haven't heard before, verbatim, somewhere else.

I didn't watch long enough to know whether that was intentional, or whether it was just lame writing, though.

3. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I have it recorded, but I found it interesting that Brooke Burns is in it as she's always been a "poor man's Rebecca Romijn" in my mind [​IMG]. Of course changing her hair was a good move to prevent confusion.

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    I was ready to bail after 25 minutes or so, but hung in there for the whole thing, hoping that things would get better. Should have turned it off.

I wasn’t impressed at all. [​IMG] [​IMG] It tries to be funny, but it isn’t. It tries to be hip, but it isn’t. The whole thing just feels contrived and phony.

Pepper saying the “F” word on live TV – ri-i-ight. Happens to seasoned pros aspiring to for the networks all the time, doesn’t it?

The story line about her sister (leaving her husband for no good reason) was just stupid. The lines about her “balls” was laughable, and not in a funny way. Just one of many places where humor was attempted and fell flat.

This is the first time I’ve seen Rebecca Romijn in something other than the X Men, so I really don’t know if she’s any good or not, but she comes off like a C-list actor here.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

5. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    The reviews have not been good!

My prediction is this show will disappear when the WB goes out of business.

6. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

That's been the prediction since long before it premiered. The only raeson it made it to air was because the WB has to air SOMETHING before it goes out of business at the end of August. And after being basically shitcanned half a year in advance, network president David Janollari probably couldn't give a shit less if his programming is a dud.

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

What was weird was seeing Josh Hopkins (how does he keep getting work?) here in a show with Brooke Burns because on North Shore, he played Brooke's character's fiance.

I thought Brooke was sort of tall, but she looked like a kid next to Rebecca Romijn, and Rebecca looks like she's packed on quite a few pounds from her "Mystique" days in X1. I don't think Rebecca is all that good of an actress to carry a show, either.

8. Peter McM

Peter McM Supporting Actor

Peter
    Oh, well--if I really want to see this Rebecca Romijin at her best, there's always my DVD of Femme Fatale...:b

9. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I thought it was okay. If it weren't for my superstation package on Dish it would be sacrificed for Veronica Mars, but I get three time zones for the WB, so I'll continue watching it for now.