What's new

International Pepe (1960) Blu-ray from Spain (1 Viewer)

topanga

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Felicia
This came up on my Microsoft/Bing Rewards page today:

Viva Cantinflas​

He'd be turning 110 years old today. Check out the comedian's work!

If only we could get this released on Blu Ray.
1628757142411.png

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
'Entertainment for the whole family without violence or a dirty word.'
What dirty words were they using on screen in 1960?

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I don't desire to damn the entire nation of Spain in terms of home media, but they do little to reign in illegal activities.

My stance is simple.

If a product is from Spain, I presume it to be a bootleg.

If that product is a "Blu-ray," I presume that it's a DVD level master in a Blu-ray bucket.

If a proper copyright notice isn't attached, that's a pretty good yardstick of propriety.

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Gee I have a couple which I haven't seen yet. TFOTRE and 55 days at Peking. Hope I didn't throw my money away. Anybody see them?

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I don't desire to damn the entire nation of Spain in terms of home media, but they do little to reign in illegal activities.

My stance is simple.

If a product is from Spain, I presume it to be a bootleg.

If that product is a "Blu-ray," I presume that it's a DVD level master in a Blu-ray bucket.

If a proper copyright notice isn't attached, that's a pretty good yardstick of propriety.
I’m in Madrid now and the vast range of classics on Blu-ray which don’t appear to be legitimate (practically all of them) is incredible. Many Warner Bros titles are there which have been released on Warner Archive and none of them have a WB logo. Some titles have studio logos, such as Universal for Freud but a comment on Amazon says the quality is more like DVD or even VHS. Why this situation has developed in Spain - to the extent that it seems studios don’t bother releasing discs themselves - is a mystery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks